NextBox PVR questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NextBox PVR questions

Thanks Gdkitty.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Guys, i just had a Nextbox 2.0 Hd PVR and a Netbox HD hooked up (whole home) today.  The main box seems to work good except the search does not function at all.  My problem is that when i try to record or schedule a record event.  The box tells me that there is no PVR connected.

How can i fix this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They came out, added the filter, and called in to have the other software added?

Both boxes should show the little house icon just below the power light.

If it was just done today, I would give it 24hrs to make sure everything is pushed out and installed correctly.
One thing to do as well would be to unplug the boxes power and do full reboots on them. This may force some downloads/updates. I would do the pvr one first.

Hopefully while they were there, they checked signal strengths, as bad signal just even on one could effect it communicating.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks I'll give it 24 hours then reboot.  I hope everything works

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully!

I had it installed on day one of it coming out. Took overnight.

At that time was only play back from the HD box couldn't schedule from there at that time.

I'm Here A Lot

can you schedule from hd box now?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent done it in a while, but yes, they DID add that feature Smiley Happy
It was actualy not even annouced.. one update, suddenly you could hit the record, and it would just say "nothing attached"

Then later on, would actualy go to the PVR.

I'm Here A Lot

I have a 8642HD PVR, a Rogers digital account and have downloaded the Home Edition iPad app. I can't get it do work or recognize the PVR. What am I doing wrong? I am a retiree and not that technically savvy. I DO use a Logitec universal remote, rather than the one that came with the PVR. Would that have any bearing? When I log in to the app, it just shows as "unavailable". I rebooted both the PVR and my iPad (which uses a Rogers wifi Internet account). Still nothing. So I downloaded the iPhone app. That doesn't recognize the PVR either. What am I doing wrong? While I have 2 other digital boxes, this is the only netbox PVR and the only one I am interested in controlling. Your help greatly appreciated
dariad
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It does not show any boxes at all? Mother the HD boxes nor the pvr?

Your remote shouldn't have any effect at all.

Now, the login you are loging into the app with, is the same one associated with your myrogers account? (Where you can see all you account billing Info from)

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, my logon is the same as my Rogers acct.  If I go in through my iPhone and tap "PVR", it shows as "unavailable" and I get an error message that says "General Failure".  Under settings it shows the Active Box as Unavailable.

dariad