NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

While watching a recording ABC on my 9865, and I press say, Channel 518 immediately (no pause and no stop) then go back to the LIST and recording ABC I am able to RESUME.  I have not encountered a problem with this with the latest version.

If I am watching recording ABC on my 9865, and I press LIVE on whatever channel I was last on (no pause and no stop), then go back to the LIST and the recording ABC I only see WATCH (from the start) and DELETE.

To be able to RESUME after going to LIVE and back to ABC, I have to STOP the recording of ABC to set a marker.  Best I can offer from my end.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Eureka!  I believe I may have found the source of the problem.  I can only resume properly if I don't already have another programme on pause during a viewing session.  If I pause one programme, then start watching another programme, the second programme will not resume properly without hitting "pause" or "stop".

So, although I can pause many programmes, I cannot expect the current firmware to resume a second programme during the same viewing session if I don't press pause/stop.

This may have something to do with the fact that I have a lot of recordings on my HT 9865, many of which are currently "paused" in certain spots because they are music videos where I wish to return to a specific spot.

On my Office 9865 I don't have many recordings and also only have a few recordings on pause, so perhaps there is some sort of upper memory limit, which, if reached, allows you to only "resume" one programme in a viewing session, unless you press pause/stop.

PS. The resume, when working properly, works for me in all eventualities - turning the PVR off, switching to another channel, pressing "Last" or "Live" or using a Reminder Timer...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, that didn't last long. My Home Theatre 9865 downstairs resumed properly only for the first programme after the reboot. After that it doesn't remember my place any more, so not resuming.  I don't think I'm going to be rebooting after each programme I watch, so I'll go back to pausing before switching away from the programme.

My Office 9865 upstairs is still resuming properly.  Very Odd.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

How does one go about removing empty folders leftover from recordings that no longer exist or are scheduled?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I just deleted some today. I have the nextbox 2 but it may be the same on the newer box.
Here are the steps I took.
Click on folder you want to delete.
Go to scheduled recordings (there were none)
Click down to cancel scheduled series.
Click yes at prompt.

This worked for me. At least the folder has disappeared.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a way to see the channel name and/or number in the recorded and scheduled My Recordings items?  If so, I can't find it.

It's been about two years now since Navigatr was foisted upon us, and it still boggles my mind how poorly designed this is. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that with SERIES recordings i think it showed the channel number, etc.

But on one off, single recordings.. it doesnt?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gregneff:

You cannot see the channel number/name when you are in the "list".  However, as soon as you start to play/watch the programme, the channel number/name will appear at the top left of the screen for a few seconds.   Of course this doesn't help with scheduled recordings.

You can get that information if you use AnyPlace though:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/410?setLanguage=en

Additional helpful hints are included in the following link:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/202473-cisco-9865-nb3-0-also-nb...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, remember the days of prepare for the new ease and convience and speed of search and use of the new Navigtr.  It is two years in July and it was December before they got a reasonably working model, and longer after that to get it going reasonably well, but we are still left with the work arounds to do things like find a channel and network name, and other things.

Remember the ease of the new box that would allow us to delete in two clicks, search with less steps, see recommendations of what to watch next, and the improved viewing experience. The grey tiles for months, the hidden recordings under the tiles, the tiny fonts, and on and on - was about 32 issues, 27 of them critical if I recall.

Ahh those were the days - oops, we are still dealing with some of it.

Yes, it has been a long time with that mediocre box and software - and so who really owns any of what is in there - some Espial, some internally done, some Cisco, and some technicolor.  A mess from day one, and guess they were locked in contracts with no way to go back, so we hobbled forward to where we are now.

At least there are lots of people here who have debugged the product and found the work arounds for most question, except for the reality that they are all anywhere from 5 - 8 years old depending upon which model you have, and they are starting to fail - if you still rent, you can grab a refurbished replacement from them (out of production for 3 years now I think it is, even before the Navigatr came out), and if you happened to buy it on rent to own, or in some cases you even got the rental waived for a couple of years or cheaper and owned it at the end of three years, you got it for 1.00.  For those when it dies, we try to give solutions, but ultimately you try to find one to buy off Kijiji or other sources, or go rent one again.

And yes, it has been two years.

Bruce