NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

I have the same issue ..I'm seeing INVALID FORMAT on the screen. My box is an NEXTBOX 9865 HD.

and its attached to my TV's HDMI port. Even when I switch from  HDMI output to the TV output and then go back to HDMI the Appearance ->TV Type setting on by NEXTBOX always goes back to 1080p even if I've gone in settings and changed the Appearance->TV Type to 720p in my NEXTBOX. How can this issue be fixed ?

I've Been Here Awhile

How dowe go into settings to fix this ? On my TV it keesp showing invalid format

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PeteK1:

Please see the following previous post on the topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I believe I've covered most eventualities there.  Have you rebooted the 9865? That's the first thing to try.  If a reboot doesn't work, there is perhaps an issue with the handshake between the 9865 and your particular make/model of TV. What is the make/model of TV?  If you can't get it to work, you may have to resort to component video cables and some sort of audio cable(s).  Is there an Audio Video Receiver in the loop?

Also make sure you only have one type of connection from the 9865 to the TV at a time, otherwise the 9865 might get "confused".  ie, If you have an RF-coax connection from the 9865 to the TV, remove it and only use HDMI, or component video.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

2017/05/11   FWIW I have firmware version 6.3.0.0104 on a 9865. This morning when I went from watching a recording to LIVE to check the news headlines, then back to the recording, the program was at the beginning.  I just have to make sure I the press STOP before I leave the recording, then when I come back I can go to RESUME from where I left.   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14:

Do a reboot, it should then work properly.

After I read your post I went to my downstairs 9865 and it didn't resume properly, however, after a reboot, it did resume properly.

My upstairs 9865 had been rebooted several times as mentioned in my previous post and that's where I had done my testing for my previous post.  Both are now resuming.

@57 wrote:

@User14:

Do a reboot, it should then work properly.

After I read your post I went to my downstairs 9865 and it didn't resume properly, however, after a reboot, it did resume properly.

My upstairs 9865 had been rebooted several times as mentioned in my previous post and that's where I had done my testing for my previous post.  Both are now resuming.

I did try the reboot this morning. I started to watch a recording, pressed LIVE, then went back to the recording. There was no RESUME to press. You only have WATCH and DELETE.  I just have to remember to press STOP in order to get the PVR to set a "time stamp" for it to RESUME properly.  

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14:

I'm talking about a completed recording, not about "pause live TV".

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In post 374 I reported that the "resume" feature was working again.  I'm not so sure it's working properly though.  I have a 9865 in my Office and it doesn't get much use and seems to be resuming properly.

On my main 9865 in my home theatre, it was functioning after a reboot, but after a couple of days resume was again not working properly.  I rebooted again and it functioned a couple of times, but then wasn't working properly.  It would forget where I was when I changed to another channel without pressing "pause".  It would also forget if it switched to a channel if I clicked "OK" when the reminder timer came up.

I'm at a loss to explain why it works immediately after a reboot, but then doesn't work after a while.  Perhaps this is similar to the "memory leak" that we encountered a while back.

If others would reply with their experiences, perhaps we can track down the problem.  You must pay good attention to your position in the recording when you switch away from that (completed) recording, either by switching to another channel, or turning the PVR off, etc.  The PVR may return you to another position in the recording - say the previous time you pressed pause.

@57 wrote:

In post 374 I reported that the "resume" feature was working again.  I'm not so sure it's working properly though.  I have a 9865 in my Office and it doesn't get much use and seems to be resuming properly.

On my main 9865 in my home theatre, it was functioning after a reboot, but after a couple of days resume was again not working properly.  I rebooted again and it functioned a couple of times, but then wasn't working properly.  It would forget where I was when I changed to another channel without pressing "pause".  It would also forget if it switched to a channel if I clicked "OK" when the reminder timer came up.

I'm at a loss to explain why it works immediately after a reboot, but then doesn't work after a while.  Perhaps this is similar to the "memory leak" that we encountered a while back.

If others would reply with their experiences, perhaps we can track down the problem.  You must pay good attention to your position in the recording when you switch away from that (completed) recording, either by switching to another channel, or turning the PVR off, etc.  The PVR may return you to another position in the recording - say the previous time you pressed pause.

While watching a recording ABC on my 9865, and I press say, Channel 518 immediately (no pause and no stop) then go back to the LIST and recording ABC I am able to RESUME.  I have not encountered a problem with this with the latest version.

If I am watching recording ABC on my 9865, and I press LIVE on whatever channel I was last on (no pause and no stop), then go back to the LIST and the recording ABC I only see WATCH (from the start) and DELETE.

To be able to RESUME after going to LIVE and back to ABC, I have to STOP the recording of ABC to set a marker.  Best I can offer from my end.