NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Have a look a the third picture in the following thread from Rogers:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/HowTo/thread-id/96

One of our eagle-eyed posters on Digital Home found it interesting that the Season/Episode numbers shown on the screen are not available to us on our version of Navigatr.  Smiley Frustrated

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Had my update when i got home last night.

Havent had much time to play with it.

EVENTUALLY i will try to get a updated 'guide' and update the problem list.

(problem is that most of the time i spent on doing the guide, etc.. i did at work in off time.  Swamped with projects right now.. so not a lot of time to do it)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I noticed another minor irritant last night that I believe is new to this latest version of Navigatr.  When navigating the IPG, there is information, regarding the particular programme you're on, at the top left of the screen for most programming. This information area used to show 3 full lines of information and would scroll if there was a 4th line.  It now shows 2.5 lines of information forcing a scroll for any programme with more than 2 lines of info. This is quite distracting and now affects more programmes.  Perhaps a font size change caused this?

Perhaps the screen area devoted to this information can be increased to compensate?

I Plan to Stick Around

Further inadequacies (my apologies if they have been mentioned previously):

The recorded programs are shown from newest to oldest.  That's like reading a book from back to front.

Alphabetical sorting includes "The", so you get a bunch of shows that start that way together (The Big Bang Theory, The Goldbergs, The simpsons, etc.)  Not the way most people would sort.  We solved that problem back in the 1970's when I was a junior programmer.  And yet in 2016 the geniuses who put this together can't figure it out?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JEL wrote:

The recorded programs are shown from newest to oldest.  That's like reading a book from back to front.

This was mentioned in my summary. At least wraparound now works, so you can get to the bottom of the list with one click (page+ or ^)

I would add that I would prefer to have the option to sort either way. For example, when I look at the tile view with all of my recordings, I prefer the "newest first" option to see what has recorded last. I have no interest in (always) seeing my "archived" recordings from several years ago.

When looking "inside" a series, that's where it certainly makes sense to have the oldest first.

I'm an Advisor

A "Sort A to Z" function exists when inside a recorded program tile (when viewing the list of recorded episodes). 

This does nothing in this view (the sort has no effect because the show name does not change) - I would love to see "Sort oldest first" / "Sort newest first" toggle assigned to "C" or another button. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

57 wrote:

This "incorrect New" information has been discussed often on various forums and one needs to utilize it on programming where you have experience with it working properly.  It is not possible for it to be 100% accurate at this time, although it is much better than it once was.

Indeed. I remember when setting recordings to "first run on this channel" that the  "New" designaton denotes, was quite unreliable, so I always used time slot recording, but then that got thwarted by networks often starting shows 1 minute off the hour. I then started scheduling by "first run" and it's been quite reliable. I don't think I've ever seen anew episode notmarked "New" although I've seen a few old ones marked so, but I can always delete those.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

JEL wrote:...so there's one improvement, I suppose. 

There are many improvements as discussed in the following post/link

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

It's not perfect, but quite a few of the issues were addressed with this update.

Agree looks like they finally did a little human factors testing with this release, or finally listened to our concerns.  

But if my PVR can't even do what my 35 year old VCR can, i.e. RESUME playback from where I left off, it's an even bigger failure than the initial rollout of NAVI....

I'm an Advisor

And another thing... why can't I delete a recording that I am watching ?

Often rewind back to a short section of a program I just finished watching or a program is finished but there are several minutes left before the end of the time slot e.g. on TVO, or the program is not interesting, or its a repeat, or.... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@park:

I'm not sure why you're having resume or delete issues. I can resume or delete any programme without issue.

Do you have WHPVR?  If so, can you resume or delete at the PVR itself?