NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Ok so that gets rid of series that are done.  Thanks.  Now ,  the blank tiles that remain after I watch and delete an episode are still there.  They show up as being scheduled in the the scheduled tab as well.  In the recorded tab there is no info in them.  They are just clutter on the screen. And the delete recorded episode is grayed out as an option because I have already deleted the show.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jinx8910: Do a reboot and they should be gone by tomorrow morning.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did two reboots yesterday and one today.  They didn't go away.  😔 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @jinx8910,

Please open one of the remaining zombie tiles - what options do you have on the right side?

Also, do you have more than one PVR? If so, restart both of them and advise if the zombie tiles still exist. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robindp:

I don't think @jinx8910 is talking about zombies in his post about blank tiles. He's talking about totally blank tiles  that we used to also get once in a while in the previous firmware.  After a reboot they usually went away in a day or two.

You cannot delete these blank tiles because they've already been deleted and there is no delete option that comes up (it's either absent or greyed out).

These may have something to do with the PVR or the network being busy due to the firmware updates, etc.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@57 Ah, got it. Then I agree with your advice - @jinx8910 wait until tomorrow and see if these tiles disappear. If they do not, follow up with Rogers and advise them of the problem - they should be able to document and escalate the issue for you. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Under recorded... the zombie tile for a show I watched and deleted my options are:

series recording settings

delete recorded episodes (grayed)

more like this

i do have another pvr but it is not a nextbox3 and not whole home compatible. I have rebooted both however.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also I don't know exactly what a zombie tile is.  These tiles still show the show picture I just deleted.  Hopefully tomorrow they'll disappear.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jinx8910:

A zombie tile is a scheduled (series) recording that is not in the IPG for the next week.  These used to be at the bottom of the tiles, however, they now appear between the recordings and scheduled recordings in the tiles view.

You may or may not have any of these.  These often appear at the end of a season when the programme no longer airs. I ususally keep these around as reminders and they will automatically record the programme again when it returns, provided it still meets the same criteria.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, thanks!  No these shows are still scheduled and show up as such next week. I appreciate the quick responses!