NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Another thought @PamR - have you checked to ensure your favourite channels are still set? It is possible that the upgrade caused your favourite channels to be reset. To check: 

- Press "Settings". 

- Press "down arrow" twice and press "OK/Select" to open Channel Setup

- Press "OK/Select" and verify/set your favourite channels. 

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I think what PamR is referring to is that pressing the Guide button toggles between what you select via "filter channels" and All Channels.  So if you select Fav or Subscribed it will toggle between those channels and all chanels.

And that is what I experience as well.  Thwe Fav buttom will now always display your fav channels and wil not reset what the Guide button does.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

VOD issue - pressing pause causes program to restart

Hello, I have the Nextbox 3.0, with the October update and the new RF remote. While watching a video-on-demand show (doesn't matter which channel) and I press pause on the remote, the show restarts. This behaviour does not happen every time, but about 50% of the time it does. It's very irritating as I have to watch the entire show again to get back to where it left off. I do not recall having this issue prior to the October update. Anyone else notice this?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@abc101 wrote:

I think what PamR is referring to is that pressing the Guide button toggles between what you select via "filter channels" and All Channels.  So if you select Fav or Subscribed it will toggle between those channels and all chanels.

And that is what I experience as well.  Thwe Fav buttom will now always display your fav channels and wil not reset what the Guide button does.

Hello @abc101,

Not sure about that - from PamR's original post:

>>Prior to update I  could see Subscribed channels, and by pressing guide button a second time, could view my favourites. This option is now not functional! 

The word "subscribed" is throwing me.  On my cable box:

- Pressing "Guide" when watching TV: I see the guide with all my channels.  I press "Guide" again, and see a list of favourite channels.   --- OR ---

- Pressing "FAV" when watching TV :I see the guide with my favourite channels only.  I press "Guide" and see a list of all my channels.   --- OR ---

- Pressing "Guide" when watching TV, then "C", then select "Subscribed": I see all the channels I subscribe to.

--> From the "Subscribed" channel list, I can press "FAV" to see my favourite channels.

I just tested this and it works as described.  @PamR - is this what you were referring to, and does this answer your question?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@lem1 wrote:

VOD issue - pressing pause causes program to restart

Hello, I have the Nextbox 3.0, with the October update and the new RF remote. While watching a video-on-demand show (doesn't matter which channel) and I press pause on the remote, the show restarts. This behaviour does not happen every time, but about 50% of the time it does. It's very irritating as I have to watch the entire show again to get back to where it left off. I do not recall having this issue prior to the October update. Anyone else notice this?

Hello @lem1

I just checked on my Nextbox 3 - started playback of "2 Broke Girls, Ep1+2" (channel 100 > Channels > City) then hit pause on my RF remote.  The program paused and did NOT restart.

Do you have another cable box (any model), and does the same thing happen when you pause a VOD show?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Regarding ROD & Pause. I seem to recall a similar discussion here or elsewhere recently. Instead of pressing "pause" press "stop".  The programme may start playing after the 2 minute "timeout", but at least you'll still be in the programme and can rewind to where you left off.

Edit - how time flies - it was 2 months ago. Here's the link:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@robindp wrote:

@abc101 wrote:

Hello @abc101,

Not sure about that - from PamR's original post:

>>Prior to update I  could see Subscribed channels, and by pressing guide button a second time, could view my favourites. This option is now not functional! 

The word "subscribed" is throwing me.  On my cable box:

- Pressing "Guide" when watching TV: I see the guide with all my channels.  I press "Guide" again, and see a list of favourite channels.   --- OR ---

- Pressing "FAV" when watching TV :I see the guide with my favourite channels only.  I press "Guide" and see a list of all my channels.   --- OR ---

- Pressing "Guide" when watching TV, then "C", then select "Subscribed": I see all the channels I subscribe to.

--> From the "Subscribed" channel list, I can press "FAV" to see my favourite channels.

I just tested this and it works as described.  @PamR - is this what you were referring to, and does this answer your question?

Prior to the latest update, if you pressed Guide and then "C" to filter channels to show "Subscribed" you could toggle between Favourite and Subscribed channels by pressing Guide again.  With the latest update, if you perform the same steps pressing the Guide button repeatedly will toggle between Subscribed and All Channels (ie every channel Rogers offers). In other words, All Channels is always the alternate/toggled view to the filtered channel selected when using the Guide button.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @abc101,

I did not realize it worked that way before.

Sounds like the buttons to be pressed have changed with this update.  As per my previous post:

NEW: --> I can press "Guide" to return to the list of subscribed channels.

In other words, toggle between favorites/subscribed channel list (albeit with two buttons, not one).

Thanks for helping me clarify the answer - @PamR, does this help you?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have the new RF remote and the Favourites button no longer exists! So problem can't be solved that way.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @PamR,

You are right, that button no longer exists on the new remote.  Not sure what your workaround would be - @Gdkitty, @Meowmix & @OLDYELLR - any ideas?

If you are willing to revert to the previous style remote (or you can get one from Kijiji, or a friend) - the work-around I documented before will work for you.  As an FYI, picked up a used older Rogers remote for $2 (Kijiji) over the summer.