NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

I tried what you suggest in your article,

a) On demand really needs more than one speed of fast forward, not sure why you would take away this feature.

b) After troubleshooting and rebooting, as well as trying to test during the daytime. The picture does not follow the progress of the fast forward, it jiggles but never changes.

c) My old PVR works at three fast forward speeds just fine and displays the video as it advances.

Is there something more I can do to at least get the picture to advance with the fast forward progress?

Thx 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With the latest firmware, 6.2.2.0114, with HDMI, the STB now shakes hands with your TV and will automatically change the output to 1080P if your TV is capable of receiving 1080P for example. You are notified on screen the first time this happens, however, you are not given an option.

I do not like this since I would prefer to do the conversion in the TV! The only workaround would be to change the setting each time you fire up the TV/STB.

Rogers, I don't like this!  At least give us the option to set a specific output and have the "auto-resolution" as a default, but something that can be overridden.  Some people are also outputting to other devices via say component video and that goes dead with this new firmware. Those people will be really angry!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I second that. The scaler in my TV is vastly superior to the one in the Nextbox 3. 

One thing that I like about this new update is that the box is definitely snappier and more responsive when navigating through the list, the guide, and the menu.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mousetamer

@mousetamer wrote:

I second that. The scaler in my TV is vastly superior to the one in the Nextbox 3. 

One thing that I like about this new update is that the box is definitely snappier and more responsive when navigating through the list, the guide, and the menu.

I used to set my boxes to 1080i and let my TV handle the progressive scan, but now I set my Nextbox to 1080p since Rogers On Demand is 1080p, and also it records shows in 1080p. This way when I watch something played back it doesn't go from 1080p recorded to 1080i output, back to 1080p to be displayed on screen. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gp-se wrote:

...it records shows in 1080p.

How do you know this? Before Media Shrink, the recording was a bit for bit recording of the signal that came in. Are you saying that media Shrink changes the incoming signal from 720P/1080i to 1080P?  That's the first I've heard of this.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So, does anyone else have problems with on demand fast forward not displaying updated video?

Does everyone have this working? I have a Nextbox HD terminal and the video jiggles but never follows the video progress when fast forwarding?

Thx

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rconwath:

Although I've heard of several different OD issues, this is the first time I've heard of the "no progress video".  You may wish to retry/revisit some of the items I mentioned in my previous post on the previous page.  For example, did you call Rogers and have them check your signal, or did you do so yourself? 

If they don't work, here are a few more things to try.

1. Try a different location in the home if you have several TVs/STBs.

2. Try a different type of connection temporarily - component video for example.  Reboot after connecting the CV cable since the box may be set to 1080P, and/or switch to 1080i before connecting the CV cables.

I'm a Regular

Not only that but keeping the box set to 1080p makes even live tv look better. There's noticeably more flicker when setting the box to 1080i.
I've Been Around

NextBox 3.0 9865HD PVR and Invalid Format displayed on TV using HDMI

We have a NextBox 3.0 9865HD PVR and after it was updated since last night, it can no longer display video over HDMI to our TV although we can still hear the audio.

We just see Invalid Format on the TV.

Our TV is a LG 37LC7D and everything was working up until last night.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The Rogers box is probably auto switching 1080p, but your TV is only 720p. You need to go into the settings of the Rogers box and check to see what it is set to.