NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

We just got the update 2 days ago and now the PVR Recordings aren't working.  The prior recordings also dont show up in "My Recordings".  Every time we try to record something we get the "Recording Failed, duplicate recording exists" regardless of what we choose.

My Recordings shows the PVR as 0% full but when you click on info for a show it shows the correct usage.

How can we fix this?

Album here

http://imgur.com/a/9Z6RN

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you rebooted the box?  Either go to settings, up to troubleshooting and select reboot, or unplug the box for 10 seconds when it's not recording.

Sometimes the "duplicate" issue may not be resolved until the next morning.

If your recordings are not too important, you could do a factory reset from the troubleshooting menu - this will delete all of your recordings/settings and you'll need to start over.

You could try calling Rogers

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes Id unplugged it yesterday. Same issue.

If I cant find any resolution here within a couple days ill give them a shout.. id prefer not to format it unless its my only option.. not that there is anything CRITICAL but we have recordings we would like to see

I'm an Advisor

@Mendes1166

Best to call Rogers.  

As it is most likely your recordings are gone,, they will give you a bill credit, to ease the pain of being a Rogers customer.

I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:

I have had a chance to do more research on the Resume problem.  Many times, the programme you were watching will not resume in the correct spot.  Here are just some of the instances where the resume will not functionproperly.

(snip)

Rogers, you need to fix this issue right away as it makes the reminder feature difficult to utilize.

It also makes RESUMEing a partly watched recording a krapshoot as to whether it will work or not.  My 35 year old VCR can do this why can't Navi.... ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A vcr is actually a much easier piece of technology in terms of how it would resume, since its almost all mechanical.
when you stop, the tape physicaly stops at a particular location, when you start up, moves on from that spot.

With a digital recording.. generally the recording itself usually does not store this information.

Its up to the device, for EVERY potential recording then, to record the 'stop' spots for each of them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, and a VCR would take many minutes to get to a certain point in the tape from some other point in the tape.

However, the point here is that Resume has been functioning properly for years and that it is no longer functioning properly.  That's along with a pretty long list of other functions that are not working properly since the October update and since Navigatr was introduced.

It is inexcusable that we now have a half-dozen new issues, a half-dozen or more old issues and a half dozen weird items.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/202473-cisco-9865-nb3-0-also-nb...

I've Been Visiting

Until a few weeks ago I could be watching a recorded program then jump over to live TV then go back to the recorded program and resume where I was.  Now, if I want to go to live TV, I have to press stop on the recorded program before going otherwise the system does not record where I was and does not offer a resume option.  Also if I am watching something in an on demand channel, I cannot press pause because the program will start over again.  I couldn't find anything in forum about this.  Wondering if this will be fixed or am I stuck with this nonsense.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks @57 for putting all of the current documentation on changes and issues and "huh".  It is great to have this all in one place.

I can't say I am expecting to see much furhter changes, but one can hope.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

HELP ME!!  

I watched a program Friday.  Deleted it. The series is gone until Late January so I want to delete the series.  Where is that option????  The tile still shows up on recorded page.  My options are series recorded settings (which gives no option to cancel series) , delete recorded episodes (greyed out as I have no episodes recorded) and more like this.

There has to be a way to get rid of this.