NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: NextBox Navigatr - October/November 2016 Deployment

Starting today, we’re rolling out the new Navigatr software updates to some NextBox cable customers in communities north, west, and east of Toronto – including Richmond Hill, Barrie, Borden, Orillia, Keswick, Orangeville, Caledon, Grand Valley, Collingwood, Elmvale, Bolton, Midland, Owen Sound, Scarborough, and Pickering.

As we’ve worked towards this rollout, we’ve highlighted some of the new functionality you can look forward to, including:

• The choice to see recorded programs displayed in (Poster Art) or list-view (text-only)
    • Multiple programs can be deleted at once
    • A updated and refreshed look to Rogers on Demand and Get More TV

We hope you enjoy your refreshed Navigatr experience!

RogersRoland

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@toolcubed

Just confirmed that Vaughan will be included in the Richmond Hill area for this update.

RogersRoland

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yay! Keswick gets it before the END of the rollout.  Thats a first.. we normally seem to be last.

I'm a Regular

Already received it earlier today 🙂   Thanks!

I'm a Regular

@57, Got it, thanks.  The good news is that it appears to only happen with Westworld.  Thankfully this is the only time I've experienced this issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I never would have believed it was possible to make Navigatr ("o" missing for no apparent reason) worse, but they've actually done it!  Take away 20% of the

precious real estate in order to tell you how many shows you have recorded and scheduled?  And oh! we can go back to a list format and get rid of those annoying tiles - but then you see only half as many, instead of at least twice, as I would expect.

Oh well, at least it's possible to set the CC fairly easily during playback now, so there's one improvement, I suppose.  Still, Rogers, you're continuing to fail your customers.  Such is the curse of monopolies. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

JEL wrote:...so there's one improvement, I suppose. 

There are many improvements as discussed in the following post/link

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

It's not perfect, but quite a few of the issues were addressed with this update.

I Plan to Stick Around

Disappointing, to say the least.  List format is not what everyone wanted, does not provide all the information at a glance (eg. Channel, time started, length) so still cannot differentiate between different recordings of the same title.  Also, can only see 4 at once.  Seriously, why did they bother?

After all this time, this is all that could be achieved?  Reminds me of a high school student who had 2  weeks to do a project but did it the it the night before, it's just inadequate and missing a lot of the important stuff.

I Plan to Stick Around

@websurferdude wrote:

I got the 'upgrade' either Sunday or Monday morning.

Every week i use Zap2It to set my recordings for the week coming - many are already set to record as they are series recordings.  I went through each day & every recording that was set to record in a series showed a red dot at the correct time...that is until i got to Sunday.  There were no series recordings set to record - there was no red dot for any of the 4 series recording i have had ever since the programs started in Sept/Oct.  Thinking that it had something to do with the time change, i decided to call Rogers about it (several years ago, after the time change, all the reoccuring recordings were off by the hour of the time change.

I could record the program & the red dot appeared & it showed up in 'scheduled recording' list.  However, when i went to set it to record the series, it gave me the message that this program was already set to record.  Then i tried to delete the recording that i had set to record as a single recording.  Trying to delete the recording in the Guide said the recording was deleted but the red dot remained.  If i tried to delete it via 'scheduled recordings' it gave me the message that it could not delete it at that time & to try again later.

Strange indeed - 2 reboots (1 soft, 1 hard) did allow deletion - in the Guide & 'scheduled recordings' but if i set it to record again & tried to delete it, i had the same problems.  But, this only happened with programs that had previous been set to record as a series recording but now, did not show as being set to record.

Roger's tech took down all the information & said he would pass it on to the engineers & i would get a call within 24 to 48 hours.  24 hours have passed so hopefully i'll get a call tomorrow.

Worse come to worse, i'll try & delete the series recording & reset it again or just set it to record as a single recording.  Or just wait till Sunday night to see if it records as it should even though it does not appear as a program to record!

Sorry for being so long winded, i'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem crop up - from reading the posts, it seems as if i'm the only one (although i find it hard to believe)

P.S.  Does anyone else just get a grey box, no program artwork, just the program  name on top & something (can't remember what) on the bottom??

Yes, I have had this type of problem in the past, before the latest "upgrade", which I just got today.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that link, it was very helpful.  I note that the positives are pretty trivial, other than the obvious ability to turn on CC during playback, as I'd noted before.  While the negatives are actually worse than I thought.  Having been out of the country for over 5 weeks, I'd forgotten that there used to be 12 titles visible in the recorded list, not the 10 I thought.  So the lost info there is actually over 33%, not just the 25% I thought it was.

Unbelieveable.  And still no one has been fired over this mess?