NextBox Menu system malfunctioning

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NextBox Menu system malfunctioning

UPDATE - 2015-11-24

The issue has re-surfaced about 1 week later. The secondary HD machine is no longer showing PVRd content on the main NextBox located in a different room.

A call to tech support was made and the technician on the phone has stated that they could not 'see my network' when attempted, and that he would send an on-site technician again to have a look. He asked me at one point if I saw a 'house' icon on the LED display, which I did not.

However he also suspected that maybe there is a problem with the main PVR machine, since it has some responsibilities in maintaining the sync bewteeen the machine (no details were shared, so I don't know how).

Since the technician was here the last time, I had documented an additional issue of audio from only cable being out of sync. This post is located here --> http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I will update after the on-site technician has visited.

I've Been Around

My Nextbox PVR does not list my recorded programs "by date"??? Only by Title or By channel

Is there a way to fix this???

I Plan to Stick Around

KC221 - I strongly reccomend that you ask for a technician to come out on site. Also verify that if you have any other boxes in the house for other rooms that they are working normally.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @KC221,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Which guide do you have on your PVR? Is it the RTN guide (Red/Black) or the Navigatr guide? If it's Navigatr, it should say on the the guide itself. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I've had a similar problem recently.

Each time I try to watch a recorded show (any show) in the past week, it states that the program may be deleted or there is a resource issue.   It also references PVR43.   I need to perform a hard reboot and then it seems to work.  Everything in the list is still there, I'm just not able to view it.  

I would like to know if there is a solution other than constantly rebooting  or trading in for another box, as I do have some saved programs that I'd prefer not to lose.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi @togg  I'm afraid you're going to have to replace your PVR.  Rebooting is  a TEMPORARY solution to get the box to play recordings again, but this problem will crop up again and again and again.

This is a KNOWN PROBLEM of corruption that has developed in the PVR, and after you watch all the recordings that are important to you - you will need to exchange the box.

Doing a complete Factory Reset may fix the problem for several months, but the problem is likely to return some day.

There is a LONG thread about this - and some of the posts near the end of it explain what's going on and the solution(s), and fixes.

Go to:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...