NextBox Explorer 8600 Bleeps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

NextBox Explorer 8600 Bleeps

Rogers has given me the NextBox Explorer 8600 as FREE RENTAL (my Condo has contract to Rogers for Cable Service).
But the Box Bleep, the Hard Drive keeps searching.
I have returned one, but the second box bleeps the same.
It bleeps even when Power OFF, it is annoying noise.
I do not mind to return it, but if Rogers keep giving me the same model, the problem remian.

Can anybody help !

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: NextBox Explorer 8600 Bleeps

Hi @PlutusGary

Thank you for your patience I can definitely understand the inconveniences of your situation. How long before the NextBox starts bleeping? What is your physical set-up / cable connection? Please make sure the NextBox power cord is connected directly to the power wall outlet bypassing any power bars and test for the bleeping without the TV coaxial cable connected.  

Thanks, 

RogersArthur

I'm a Senior Advisor

@PlutusGary wrote:

Rogers has given me the NextBox Explorer 8600 as FREE RENTAL (my Condo has contract to Rogers for Cable Service).
But the Box Bleep, the Hard Drive keeps searching.
I have returned one, but the second box bleeps the same.
It bleeps even when Power OFF, it is annoying noise.
I do not mind to return it, but if Rogers keep giving me the same model, the problem remian.

Can anybody help !

***Edited Labels***

It would be a "refurbished" box.  I don't know how much testing is done on returned boxes before repacking and recycling them back into the system, but from personal experience and reports I've read here, I think it's minimal. Don't accumulate recordings on it you're not willing to lose and keep returning it until you get a good one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Hello @PlutusGary,

I agree with @OLDYELLR, keep taking it back until you have a cable box that works. I also suggest you record a short video (use your phone) demonstrating the issue - use it to show the Rogers employee your problem and speed up the exchange.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the advice !

I've Been Here Awhile

I have acquired NextBox Explorer 4642 (without internal Hard Drive) today.
It seems works fine.

Thank you for the advice !