NextBox Display Message - "dnld"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

NextBox Display Message - "dnld"

Hi,

For the past day, the front panel of my NextBox shows the message "dnld" - I'm assuming this means it's downloading some sort of update.  Question is, is it OK to watch TV while it's "downloading" something and how long is this download expected to last?  24 hours seems a bit long...

Thanks

Wallace

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: NextBox Display Message - "dnld"

Hello CSMRA

It could be stuck on that. If you want, unplug the box from the back & plug it back in after a minute or so. I do not think you are able to watch TV while anything is downloading on the box. Usually the box just shuts off & restarts with that on the display.

If that does not work, i would suggest taking the box back to the closest Rogers store to you & getting it replace it with another one free of charge.
I've Been Here Awhile

My Rogers Box has been displaying a "dnld" display for the past few days now. I've called into support twice and they've sent a signal to the box to reset it and it works until around midnight when it tries to download, and continues to stay stuck on the "dnld" stage.

The box was exchanged at a Rogers location ~3 weeks ago for a new one, and now my "rent-to-own" period is overRogers is refusing to do anything because some time between the ~3 weeks ago and a few days ago we now own the box since the "rent-to-own" period finished.

How can a box just completly become unusuable 3 weeks after taking it from the store.

If anyone has had this problem or knows how to solve it please help!

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @MarkyMarkP,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Which Nextbox do you have and are you on the new Navigatr guide or the RTN guide (Red/Black)? Have you had a technician out for this issue yet? Can you also make sure the main cable going into your box is secured tightly? Is it being split or coming directly from the wall to the box? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

The Nextbox Explorer 8642HD. We've contacted support and someone came out to check the status. They said everything was running fine. It's coming from a split, but we've had many previous Rogers Boxes attached to it with no problem (other than incredibly unresponsive commands form the remote control). 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

@MarkyMarkP, I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am wondering how well/accurate that tech who came out did their stuff.

Did they disconect the wire from your box and check the signal right at that point, etc?

USUALLY when it gets stuck on a state like that.. its trying to download a major update.. and is having problems communicating with the rogers side.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 9865HD freezing, booting a lot in the last week

It freezes, then reboots a lot! Only started about 5 days ago. Many recorded shows are missing 5-10 minutes! Often it is saying BOOT and DNLD so maybe it is fixing itself, I hope!

Any suggestions? Answers?

Thanks googols for letting me askSmiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

This started happening here Monday morning. The Nextbox 3.0 freezes then reboots. I can watch a few seconds of a show then it freezes and reboots again which makes watching anything impossible. This is very frustrating as I know any shows that were taping will be ruined and there is a good chance I will lose all my recorded programs. (again) Truthfully I'm thinking about getting an android box and just saying goodbye to cable tv.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Android boxes, etc are generally discouraged talked about on here.. mostly due to the legality beind some of it.. but thats another discussion for another time/place.

As for the issue..  Is it showing dnld every time?  Or just the once before the reboot cycle.
Wondering if it did a BAD download.. or if its failing continually.

Having downloading issues, can be signal related.. not a strong enough signal to communicate and download the necessary updates.