NextBox 3 recordings disappearing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

NextBox 3 recordings disappearing

Well I got my old issue resolved (non booting NextBox) with a replacement NextBox 3. (I was finally cleared to start driving again).

Now however I'm seeing a new, frustrating issue. I schedule a recording (single program; browse guide; select record). I see the red light appear on the front panel to show a recording is happening. I hit the list (green button) see the program with an indication that it is recording. At the end of the program I see the red light turn off.

I return to the list of recorded / scheduled programs, and the new recording has disappeared!

Any idea as to what I can try?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox 3 recordings disappearing

@PeterT : As I mentioned in your previous thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Issues-with-Nextbox-3/m-p/437113#M49529

The issue is likely a poor signal at your home or neighbourhood.  Changing out the box probably did nothing.  What's happening with your recording disappearing is that the signal is poor and the programme is not being recorded in the first place.

It's almost always the signal and only very rarely the box as I indicated earlier - link again below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

I'm Here A Lot

Power dBmV 6.9 to 7.0

SNR 32.5 to 32.7

Explain this to me though. While the recording IS happening it appears on the recording list. After the recording completes it dissapears

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you go to the recorded list while it's being recorded can you actually see what's being recorded?  If you hit "play" you'll probably see a black screen or nothing...

Your SNR is low.