NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Yes, I replaced a Seagate 1Tb  with WD purple 1Tb drive. Checked the old drive on my pc and it looks good.

Signal was checked with Rogers, it's fine and the old NextBox 2 is now working on the same spot/cable for a few months.

Er:51 is showing after power on then boot and reloop....

Looking to find 9865hd error codes but no success 

er51 9865hd.jpg

boot 9865hd.jpg

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did the 9865 work after you replaced the iHDD?  The Purple model seems to be specifically designed for surveillance applications.  Until you mentioned it, I hadn't heard of this model.

Most people have utilized the WD Black, Red or Blue drives. Certainly not the Green drive which seems to be incompatible with PVRs.  If the problems started after you replaced the drive, perhaps you could try putting the old drive back as a test?  Check all your connections inside the box, etc.  Here's a thread on replacing the drive.  Check out the instructions and posts there:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/211002-upgrade-replace-ihdd-98...

The 9865 often requires more signal than the 8642, so the fact that the 8642 works doesn't necessarily mean there's enough signal for the 9865.  You may wish to check the signal yourself using the link I provided previously.

I've Been Here Awhile

As I mentioned same issue persist with old and new drive installed. I chose purple drive just because a lot of writing/erasing and reliability.

So, this "Er:51" Error 51 came out of nowhere with original Seagate 1Tb drive a few months ago and it persist with a replacement WD purple drive. Replacing the drive is pretty straight forward with secure torx bits use and some dozen screws to take off and screw them back on. It's not the hard drive issue.

I understand that the 9865 is more signal sensitive PVR but still can't go any further boot and error 51.

Same error with no hard drive installed, Er:51er 51 no hdd.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I looked around at a few forums and found the following directions which may help. Not sure which of these will work best in your case.  Nothing to lose I guess:

Make sure your remote is in cable mode, press pause on the remote and hold it until you see an envelope flashing on the stb display,when you see the envelope press page- ,then press list 3 times. PVR should reboot and format hdd.  You may need to turn the box off to start the format, or not.  Instructions have varied.

1. On Rogers remote, hold PAUSE until the mail icon is flashing.
2. Once it's on, release PAUSE, press LIST, PGDN, PGDN, PGDN
3. Display will say hdd3, and will reboot. 

I've Been Around

Re: NextBoxbooting 3.0

Whats happening when booting stops at 05, what can I do?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBoxbooting 3.0

It's likely that the signal to your box, or home, or neighbourhood is not good. See the following post on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Call Rogers and have them check the signal at your box/home/neighbourhood, or check it yourself per the link above.