NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

The technician came out last Wednesday and the Nextbox had to be replaced. Too bad since we only got it in July 2014. We were able to find most shows that were recorded on Rogers on Demand or on regular channels. We were in the middle of watching Face Off season 8, there was a marathon that we recorded. We ended up purchasing the last four episodes on iTunes.

I'm Here A Lot

I'm having this problem now. How do you do a factory reboot?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Go to Settings, scroll up one to Troubleshooting, select Factory Reboot.  You may wish to try a regular reboot first as the Factory reboot will delete all your settings and recordings.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks; how can I get into the setting though? It's stuck on boot so I can't access the box.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can't get into the settings if the box hasn't booted (you didn't mention that - I assumed it ws simply rebooting on occasion). You may be able to call Rogers and have them initiate a factory reboot, but you may have a signal problem and then they may not be able to initiate it and you may need a service call.  Rogers can check the signal when you call.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks; they are sending a technician. The box just keeps getting stuck on "boot"; they're not even seeing the box at Roger's end.

I'm a Regular

I had the same problem, PVR stuck in a loop rebooting over and over all day. I'm going to take this one back and see if it's a hardware issue. It started this just a few days ago. Terrible service from Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

The Rogers technician came in today and swapped out the Next Box. So far, so good.

I've Been Around

Having the  same issue. Box constantly rebooting  Can't get through an hour show without it rebooting.

Will try factory resetting

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dayneb:

This could be an issue with the signal in your home or in your neighbourhood. Have you called Rogers and have them check your signal?  Have you talked to your neighbours?

Also with the firmware rollout, sometimes issues arise at the Rogers headend or server that can cause temporary problems that are usually resolved the next day.  That's why a new box often seems to solve an issue that's very rarely caused by the box itself.