NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Netbox 3 stuck on -01- For over an hour now. Other tv's in the house work fine.

Steve
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Bad cable....enjoy your day Smiley Happy

Steve
I'm a Senior Contributor

Since 1:45am my 9865 has been rebooting every 10 minutes.  Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm a Senior Contributor

I  powered the box off at 3:45 so I could sleep without the blue lights coming on.  I'll  see what happens in the morning.

I'm a Senior Contributor

So I checked my downstairs Nextbox and it had not rebooted since Wednesday, which I had to do to solve another problem.  Powered the bedroom machine on and it kept rebooting.  The only solution appears to be a factory reset.  Fortunately, with two boxes, I don't lose all my recordings as the boxes are 50% full.

Timing the factory reset was tight, as I had to catch it in the 2-3 minutes between the end of the "Loading" circle and the next reboot, but I managed to hit it.  The reboots stopped.  Unfortunately, I still had Navigatr.

I spent the next couple of hours changing my settings and re-entering the recording schedule using my old Android tablet and the Rogers app to view the scheduled recordings on my downstairs box and entering them into the Guide.

The bedroom box was factory reset in May. I figured I was due to need a factory reset on the downstairs box because of the problems with endless recordings.  I didn't expect problems from this one.  At least the two boxes fail for different reasons each time, so I have a chance of keeping one running while the other starts over.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is the second time that I have had a PVR do this, is there anyway to fix the box without restting it or exchanging it? I called last night and they are sending a tech today but I am not really sure what for. I am sick of losing all my recordings.

I'm Here A Lot

How do you factory reboot? If you factory reboot, you lose all the recorded shows, right?

I have the same issue where the NextBox keeps rebooting itself.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @Viv12,

The factory reset does delete your recorded content and settings but I usually recommend it before asking customers to exchange the box. It's done by going into the troubleshooting menu and you should see an option there for factory reset. Please let me know if you're able to find it. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for your quick reply. We are having a technician coming out tomorrow, we are hoping for a solution where we can keep the recordings. But good to know about the factory reset.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

You're welcome @Viv12 Smiley Happy. Please keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam