NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

I am having the same issues. How do I hard reboot of the box?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I you cant get into a menu, etc and need to reboot it.. you need to unplug it and plug back in.

If its an issue that its in a reboot cycle, it may be trying to download something, and be failing.

Quite often this is due to signal level.

May be worth trying to move it to another outlet in the house, in case the signal is better there, and see if it will complete the cycle.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

To do a master boot.   Hold power button and unplug.  Wait 5 seconds, plug back in while still holding power button in.   Wait 5 seconds and release power button.

I've Been Around

My cable TV just stopped working this morning.  First, it stopped while watching recorded shows on my Nextbox.  Now, even while watching any live channel, the TV just keeps rebooting.  Phoned for technical help.  Was told that even though my Nextbox PVR is only 5 years old, I'll have to buy a new one for $500.00  No way!  I'll switch to Bell first.

Rogers service is very poor.  Customer service reps make verbal promises over the phone, then when they aren't kept,

you can phone up and inquire as to why you bill is higher than was promised and you are told that "we have no record of that conversation."  This company is terrible.  Never want to deal with them again.

Hello, @Destry

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Community. I can surely appreciate your position, the failure of the cable box can be upsetting. Instead of purchasing the box, you have the option to rent it. 

We are always looking ways to provide exceptional customer service, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can look into your account and turn around the poor service experience.  Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Destry: Many of these issues can be related to signal strength.  Check out the following post on the topic;

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

Call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home and in your neighbourhood. You can also check it yourself using the link in the above.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Loss of channels and error message

The PVR is a Netbox 9865 by Cisco. It crashes a lot and I get this error message: "Loading. One moment please...This program may shutdown momentarily. Press any key to continue." Pressing any key does nothing. I can access some channels but the ones with the error message remain that way. It's always the same channels which includes the Weather Network, MSNBC and many others. A reboot works some of the time. But usually it requires multiple attempts. Lately I have had to reboot dozens of times before it finally restores all of the channels. I have also called to re-authorize the set-box and that does not fix the problem immediately but sometimes the situation is resolved later on after I perform a few more reboots so I am not sure if the re-authorization had anything to do with this. My PVR is only about 33% full so that shouldn't be the issue. Does anybody else have this problem and can someone provide some helpful advice on what to do. It's really annoying because it's an intermittent problem and everything can be fine for a few weeks and then it acts up again sometimes several times a week. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno : As discussed in the other thread, it is extremely likely that you have a signal issue. The reason you cannot tune some (SDV) channels is because the return signal from your box is not getting to the head end (or node) to tune that channel due to a poor signal.  As mentioned, call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home/neighbourhood and if the person isn't able to diagnose the issue, ask for "second level". It may require a technician to visit your home.

I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco 9865HD aka Nextbox 3.0 Error 51

Hello,

Had this error "Er:51" and continuous re-boot even after hard disk drive replaced.  Anyone know the issue with the Cisco 9865HD aka Nextbox 3.0 box?

Thanks 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@krza : Did you replace the iHDD yourself?  Did you replace it with the proper compatible iHDD - one that doesn't power down like one of the green drives? What is the make/model of the new iHDD?

Have you checked the signal strength or called Rogers to have them check the signal at your home and in your neighbourhood? Signal problems are a major cause of issues with boxes not performing or booting properly. See the following post on that topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...