NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

OK so I have multiple nextboxes in my house.  I do not have "whole home" set up and I do not want to set it up.  In one of the bedrooms the NB3 has been freezing and I have had to reboot it several times to be able to watch a show.  I didn't really care because it was in the bedroom and I usually fall alseep anyways.  It has been going on for about a month.

This morning the NB3 in my living room has gone insane.  It has been rebooting since 6:30 this morning.  It "blows up" then it counts from "-01-", "-02-", etc... up to "-05-". Then I see "loAd" next comes "boot" and finally I get the time back on the front of the box.  As long as the box is left off it is fine but as soon as I turn it on the screen freezes within 2 minutes and I am going through this whole process again.  

Any suggestions?  Rogers is useless!! They send a tech guy out he says its a signal problem.  He puts a boaster on my line.  A week later a new guy comes out and he takes it off and says the line is fine and that it should have never been put there in the first place.  And so on and so forth.  I am to the point that I refuse to let the cable guy in the house becasue it is clear to me that the do not know what they are talking about.  If I could switch to Bell I would be gone in an instant but I rent and my housing provider will not allow the dishes to be installed on the buildings so I am stuck.  

Any help would be awesome....

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: NextBox 3.0 won't stop rebooting

Sorry I'm new here, I am in Ottawa.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usually those sorts of messages come, when its having an issue doing an update.. either just a guide update, or a system update.

While there are other things that can cause it.. it often IS signal related.

Question then, comes down to...is IF your signal is good or not... (and which tech was right/wrong).

IF the box was up but not working quite right, you could take a look at the diagnostic screen to see... but with it in the reboot state.. not as easy... Not sure if the NB3 can get into diag from bootup or not...
I'll take a peek around the net and see if i can find instructions.

Rogers Employee TechAli
Rogers Employee

I'm Here A Lot

It is on 1080i. It has been cycling like this all day with any pauses. Now it goes into the boot cycle when it is turned off as well. Super frustrated!

Rogers Employee TechAli
Rogers Employee

I understand you have two tech came in and no solution. I'll try another tech and swap the box. if you are renting. 

I'm Here A Lot

I think I'm just going to show up with both boxes at the closest store cause this is ridiculous. I think that is the simplest solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Be sure Rogers replaces them with tested, shrink wrapped boxes, not ones that someone else has just returned.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

So, I factory rebooted it and (fingers crossed) it appears to be fine. I figured if I was taking it back I was going to lose all of my shows so I might as well try it first. I saved me a run to the store. Hope it fixed it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May have been a bad/suck update.

That would have at least reset it and force it to do a FULL download vs update.

Glad to hear its working Smiley Happy