NextBox 3.0 (Ontario) can't set recording time of current program

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

NextBox 3.0 (Ontario) can't set recording time of current program

Previously, when watching a show, I used to be able to go to the guide and press the record button once to record it, then press the record button again to change settings (such as setting it to record later than its scheduled recording time, something I always do for sporting events). I assume some update has removed this functionality, as when I now press the record button a second time it gives me three basic options (something like do nothing, cancel recording and play recording). I know that I could just record the following program, but it's much more convenient the old way. Does anyone know of a way to modify a current recording? And why would this functionality be taken away?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox 3.0 (Ontario) can't set recording time of current program

I wasnt aware you could even do it that way before.

If you just select the recording (hit the select button in the middle of the directional arrows) it should allow you to modify it.

I've Been Here Awhile

No, I tried this and it unfortunately didn't work. Pressing Select while in the guide and on a program that is recording just takes you out of the guide and to that channel.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh, you are talking about a program, which it is currently IN the timeslot for.

That i am not sure.  (not at home so cant test either).

If its for something AHEAD of  the current time (later on in eve, another day) then by hitting select, should not bring you to the channel.. should bring up a menu of

"tune to that channel, edit recording, etc"

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I have no problem recording and modifying programs in a future timeslot, it's recording something that is currently playing where I'm no longer able to modify the end time.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmmm.

If i can wrangle the remote from the wife tonight, i will see if i can figure out if there is a way.

I Plan to Stick Around

You have to go to the List of Scheduled Recordings and modify it from there.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@brian72 wrote:

Yes, I have no problem recording and modifying programs in a future timeslot, it's recording something that is currently playing where I'm no longer able to modify the end time.

Doesn't the RECORD button work on the NextBox 3.0?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It does.

H is just saying he used to hit it once to say start recording the item, then hit it again to go into the modify menu.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I guess I was getting it confused with how simple it is on the SA8300HD. I can adjust the end time after pressing the REC button, It goes without saying that re-inventing the wheel without utilizing all the work that has gone before is never very smart.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario