I just found the my NextBOX 9865 is no longer recording and all recorded programs have disappeared from the list. Otherwise, I can still watch TV.
I press record and it displays “Program is being recorded” but its not recorded.
I read some posts and it sounds like the hard drive is bad.
I would like to know my options.
1. If I replace the hard drive, what brand and size has been tested to work? Is there instructions on how to do this?
2. Can i use a Nextbox 4k to replace the Nextbox 9865?
There are used 4k box for sale- no sure if i can use these and ask Rogers to change.
What do you recommend?
@oy : The HDD may be bad, but try to reboot the box a few times first. Unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in. Wait about ½ hour for it to "settle". Also, check your signal to the box. Contact Rogers as they can do this remotely. You can also check it yourself:
1. Here's a link in the topic. A WD Purple drive is recommended, although there are others mentioned in recent posts of that thread.
2. Yes. See the following link on purchasing:
Please realize that everyone is slowly being migrated to IgniteTV, so this is temporary. You may wish to consider switching to IgniteTV, but check out the various threads on that topic so you're aware of the plusses and minuses of IgniteTV. No one knows how long legacy digital cable will be around.
1. Didn't we all just converted over from old analog?
2. Does this explain the weird reception we're getting?
3.A none too subtle effort to get us all moved over to Ignite TV?
4. Then what?
1. Rogers has had digital cable for over 20 years and it's still going. The few channels that were left on Analogue TV were gone about 10 years ago.
2. Not really
With everyone eventually being migrated to IgniteTV, be aware that digital cable will not be around forever. Something to consider since recording is then done in the cloud. There is no set timeframe that we know of for the end of digital cable, however, it's probably in the next couple of years. IgniteTV has been out for about 4 years now.
Per post 2 of this thread, a WD Purple drive is recommended since it's designed for this sort of use, although WD Black and Blue drives will work.
Glad you resolved your issue to your satisfaction. My Son and I reviewed the Ignite at the CNE in 2018, and were quite impressed. With our setup, the cablebox approach is still the best and the least costly. I expect sooner than later we will need to switch. I got a nextbox 3 from a friend (a really nice guy), so our immediate issue is resolved, though I will still look into HD replacement in the other one. cheers!