Next Box and slow motion on remote (Play button)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Next Box and slow motion on remote (Play button)

With my new HD PVR Next Box and remote, I notice I can't play back in slow motion, like I used to with my HD PVR.  What's with that?

I also used to see call display on my TV screen on an incoming call but that doesn't seem to be working under Next Box. 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Next Box and slow motion on remote (Play button)

Neither feature is available at this time. I have been in contact with a couple of senior techs and was told that the slow motion will be added shortly. The next firmware update has that as part of it.
As far as the call display, I was told 2 things. One, when Cisco bought Scientific Atlanta it did not acquire all of its patents. The call display was one of those. Two, Rogers is working on a work-around and should have it available in the near future.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers has been saying for MONTHS that call display will come soon. There is no more point of saying "soon". As for the slow motion like Mousetamer said. The next Firmware it should be out.

I liked playing a few movies in slow motion or a scene in a show.
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for the info but I'm still waiting for slow motion and call display to re-appear.  I'd like to hear a date from Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For many things, unfortunately, they often wont give out a date, unless its something that almost set and ready to go.

You set a date, when its still in development.. and they cant meet that deadline.. they get EVEN MORE flack from people.

I Plan to Stick Around

I can't believe this feature was not included from the beginning.  Its like they took the original box and stripped it of every feature and then released it.  Why does their new 2011/12 hardware not have basic functions included on VCRs 30 years ago?

I've Been Around

Call Display now works, slow motion does not. Does anybody know when and if slow motion will come back?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call display was added quite a number of months ago, was something to do with how the call display info was passed along, the old way, the box didnt have a way to receive it, so had to be changed.

Have not heard anything on slomo as of yet.  Still requested alot though.

I've Been Around

February 25, 2013 and still no 'slo-mo' feature...

Another feature that was on my previous STB and isn't on the 'NEXTBOX', is 'skip to end' of a recorded program... I used this feature frequently on the old STB but now I cannot with the NEXTBOX....  Booooooooo!!!!  I really don't understand why handy features are eliminated... People always want to 'CHANGE THINGS'....  WHY??????

One feature of the NEXTBOX that was not on my previous STB, is record past the end of a programs alotted time... ie: record 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour (etc...) after the regular scheduled time... The is very handy for sports programs that could go into 'Overtime', or programs such as The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men (actually it's now 'Two Men' since Jake is not a regular on the show anymore...) that regularly run past the 'scheduled' end time...

Over the past few years I have had nothing but problems with ROGERS service/hardware...  Yet they are/have recently increased Cable TV fees...  Considering making the switch to BELL... Maybe the 'Grass' is 'Greener' over in the BELL camp...  Smiley Tongue

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, what gives here.  I just switched over from Bell and I'm basically pleased with most things - but a pvr that doesn't do slow motion!  I have 4k pvr. When they were putting together their requirements for these boxes did someone miss slow motion on the checklist? 

And what's up with the some of the on demand programs where you can't fast forward or go back???  

The other thing I really miss from the Bell pvr is being able to skip 30 seconds forward.  I much preferred that to having to fast forward and hitting the play button at just the right time.

My old Bell box was over 10 years old but overall I think I liked it better than the 4k pvr.