Next Box 3.0 - Shows that have been set to record do not record.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Next Box 3.0 - Shows that have been set to record do not record.

Using the Guide, I select a show to record - sometimes a 'one-time' show, sometimes a series. Sometimes, a show that I have set to record do not record. There does not seem to any pattern as to what shows will or will not record. Have gone through the list of Scheduled Recordings to check for any potential conflict issues. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, 

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Next Box 3.0 - Shows that have been set to record do not record.

There can be several reasons, some peculiar to the SA8300, some to the NB3, some to both.

If the name of the show changes between when you schedule it and when it's broadcast, you may miss it.

If the start time of the show changes by 1 minute, as it now often does, you'll miss it.

You would think that setting a recording "first run this channel" would take care of the slight time change, but that method in itself seems to be unreliable.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Next Box 3.0 - Shows that have been set to record do not record.

My NB 3 started having this problem recently. It seems like it's happening when I'm watching a show I previously recorded and for some reason the scheduled show doesn't record. The "record" light comes on on the front of the box, the show looks like it's recording in "My Recordings" but not in "Scheduled Recordings" (it has the little black REC box in My Recordings but not Scheduled Recordings). When I try to watch the show, nothing is there or it disappears completely from both areas once the record time is finished.

Any ideas?