Nexbox 2.0 Updates far too frequent

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Nexbox 2.0 Updates far too frequent

I've been noticing that ever since I upgraded my box's software to the Nextbox 2.0 software, it would update almost every day a little past 2AM, granted that most people aren't up around that time and it won't be noticible to most, but the updates shouldn't be automatic be less often so as to not disrupt service so often.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 2.0 Updates far too frequent

Gee why hasn't anyone responded to this thread yet? ..I'm surprised because this is, to me, a big issue. ..  

Is there anything we can program in the Nextbox to say what time and how often we want the box to update ? ? .. I am a night owl and often up watching tv at 2am and it's ridiculous. maybe 4 or 5am would be a better alternative. Can we not define this option somewhere?

(And what would happen if I'm recording something at 2am ? just wondering)

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Nexbox 2.0 Updates far too frequent

There have been numerous posts and threads about this. The bottom line is that rogers picked this time because they think it affects the fewest number of people.
If you are worried about recordings, try one and see what happens. The other option is to simply time shift.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I hear you guys,

This is happening way too many times, every morning before I head out to work i turn on my TV to check out the weather or the morning news and I get this message on my screen, "Service Not Available, please try again later" and then at the bottom of the screen there is the word " Loading" like seriously???? this is happening too many times, and this loading takes forever to load up, it is such a slow process, it just takes forever to get anything started. Anyways I am getting frustrated with this, and I am going to go back to Bell Fibe TV... Miss that service so badly

I've Been Here Awhile

Mine does this too at 2am.  I work until midnight so at 2am I'm sitting down to enjoy some TV after my dinner when this happens.  Sometimes it completes the cycle quickly, sometimes it takes over 20 mins to complete.  Verrrrrrry annoying....  Would also like to know if something can be done about the time this happens.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The current answer, is NO, that nothing can be changed.

Hopefuly this is something that they can change and add an option for it, etc in the menu.  I will update to this thread if i do find out anything in the future.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I understand they do update but it should NOT be every night. Me & the GF watch on tv until 1-2am & once we turn it off, the box after 10/20 minutes will reboot on its own & leave the Time on the front display ( we have manual turned it off on the settings when the box is off). So you see the Green lights from the time in a dark bedroom. This is something which pisses me & my GF.

We never had this issue with Bell HD PVR & i am actually considering switching back to Bell because of this. Its something Rogers needs to work on really fast because if they don't, they will lose a lot of customers.
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree with Meowmix

Rogers is getting way behind the times, everyone else is advancing with technology and Rogers is still dinosaur times..I went back to Bell this week and I am so Glad I did so... I still use this chat to see what people are actually going through with all the problems has to offer... But BELL is the way to go, especially the FIBE TV SERVICE!!! Amazing

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Any ideas what isues were addressed by last night's update?

I only know there was one because the update leaves the PVR Fonrt Panel lights on ... I have to set to OFF when the unit is OFF...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@joeyferreira wrote:

I totally agree with Meowmix

Rogers is getting way behind the times, everyone else is advancing with technology and Rogers is still dinosaur times..I went back to Bell this week and I am so Glad I did so... I still use this chat to see what people are actually going through with all the problems has to offer... But BELL is the way to go, especially the FIBE TV SERVICE!!! Amazing

Joey, i am glad you are happy with your new service.. i am sorry rogers wasnt able to provide that for you.

Feel free to still visit these boards, but please remember, these boards are primarily for support for rogers products.  Its fine people complaining about what is wrong, behind the times, etc.. but in the long run, its not an advertising place for other companies.