New TV Packages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: New TV Packages

@BS

I could not even find this link. From what I can see, not one thing has changed on the rogers site with respect to TV adds. Perhaps you could post the link.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Dugi  It wasn't actually an online link, it was a TV ad.  You are right, there is nothing on the site about anything, but the information on how to buy a package on the main shopping page for TV at the bottom of each package by the price.  I saw the ad again today on TV, noticed it said, requires, at least digital set box, and basic TV (the package doesn't even exist anymore on the site), so the ad is out of date too.  I will just wait, and someday, they will get it all in place. Maybe by the 15th, the other date I was given, it will be there, or maybe just in time for pick and pay in December (sarcasm).

Bruce

I'm a Senior Contributor

@BS

I misunderstood your previous post then. I saw where you typed TV adds and was thinking a link for add-ons perhaps. My brain did not convert to an ad as seen on TV.  It blows my mind that the TV section has been so lacking in information for the past few weeks. 

I'm a Regular

Rogers CSRs really need to be told to stop telling customers that "Popular" is VIP's replacement.  Despite Popular being the same price as the old VIP package, it's completely false to say Popular is the new VIP.  MANY channels that were included in VIP are missing from Popular.  The "Premier" package is much closer to VIP in terms of the amount and specific channels included.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just had my cable installed last Wednesday and it was VIP. Three days later, it's already a 'grandfathered' package. Smiley Happy It says VIP in My Rogers but I can't really figure out how different it is from the new packages. What channels does VIP have that Popular does not have? I had Digital VIP 7 months ago and the current VIP list seems a bit different than what I had before.

I'm a Regular

Action, BNN, Disney Junior, Documentary, Dtour, G4, NASA, Nat Geo Wild, Peachtree, Space, Spike, TCM, Teletoon, Comedy...just to name a few...all were part of VIP and are now part of Premier (not part of Popular).
I'm a Senior Contributor

@toolcubed wrote:

Rogers CSRs really need to be told to stop telling customers that "Popular" is VIP's replacement.  Despite Popular being the same price as the old VIP package, it's completely false to say Popular is the new VIP.  MANY channels that were included in VIP are missing from Popular.  The "Premier" package is much closer to VIP in terms of the amount and specific channels included.

Seems to always be an issue with the CSRs. They base the comparison on price and not service. When you pay the same price for fewer stations you are actually getting ripped off. The new packages are terrible and the information on the website is abysmal. 

I'm a Regular

Exactly. You know, I really don't understand their strategy. They're bleeding cable customers and yet they introduce even worse value. How on earth do they expect to turn things around? They're moving backwards in the wrong direction. Very illogical on their part in my opinion...I guess we'll see what their next few quarterly financial results indicate. I have a feeling shareholders are not going to be too happy.
I'm a Senior Advisor

This whole changing of packages, then comparing prices of old packages to new packages has always one of my pet peeves across all product lines from Rogers in the last few years.  Trying to get a product comparison, line by line from most CSR's is almost impossible, and I have spent many an hour when I considered changes in plans, either suggested by them, or initiated as a question by me trying to get them to those comparisons.

On one occassion, I sat in front of my tv with the subscribed channels and read them out to the rep, one by one, and then had them go through them item by item, and indicate what was not in the new package, or new to the new plan.  Had some hang up on me rather than do it - I wouldn't go forward without doing that - why - I explained to them, that I have been caught a few times in the past, with them telling me I was getting a better deal, only to find out that I lost services, or had to pay for some that were no longer in the package.

I recently advised the president's office to that my greatest frustration, amongst a few others, was this refusal for the company to provide the ability for their CSR's to provide side by side comparisons of feature changes that occur with package and price changes.  That marketing lines, like there is no change in price between the two packages, or this one is better value for the money, just doesn't cut it.  This is also a product of providing grandfathering to support loyalty, but if you are going to do this, before you market to us long term customers, do let us know how this is going to change so we can make an educated change based upon best value for the money defined by our definition of value.

Too much to ask for - seems to be.

Haven't looked, but has the changes I was told about for the web site and package them packages and picks on the 7th and 15th made it there yet?

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

I hear ya, @BS.  At one time Rogers provided customers with a full channel number listing for their particular package and you could compare it to the channel numbers in other packages, but they stopped and don't seem to want to resurrect that service, even though it would be simple to do. My suspicion is that they don't want customers comparing past and present packages by price and content. All CSRs are likely trained to sell the new stuff and probably don't have any more access to the content of past packages than you or I.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario