New TV Packages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: New TV Packages

@BS wrote:

@Dugi wrote:

@RogersZia wrote:

Each new TV package has a set list of bonus channels you can choose from.

Oh yeah - I noticed that! You spend $75 or $100 and you get to choose ONE bonus station! 

I will do my best not to get too excited over those bonus stations and the free choice of "listen closely" one bonus channel - have you seen the choices - pretty slim pickings.

Bruce

Not only that, but many of the bonus stations are only available in the most expensive package. Why not make them all available in all packages? If you are only allowed one bonus station, why should it make a difference which one you choose? I guess only rogers can answer the logic of that one!

I'm an Advisor

I took a look at this today for the first time and find the choices somewhat confusing. I downloaded the PDF and went through the 143 channel and 183 channel versions. To my surprise, neither package even mentions channels such as TMN/HBO Canada, Super Channel, or the WWE Network. Who knows what else might be missing, but this is really strange. I did do a search in the PDF file just in case I had missed them, but it did not find anything. Maybe these things are buried somewhere else, but I didn't notice.

Fortunately, I'm now on the "grandfathered" VIP package, which gets all of those channels. I wasn't even aware that it had been grandfathered until I saw this thread. Not very good communication from Rogers to its customers.

I've Been Around

deciphering packages

I have been trying to modify package to include MSNBC and CNN without paying through the nose for some popular news networks while maintaining some on damand programing. I tried online but change option error with http:400. Tried calling agent to make changes and spoke to some agent who was clueless and could not balance out a package so that i am not paying a mortgage to watch tv and have internet and really had no interest in providing value service, where does Rogers find these people. Also the package name that I subscribe to doesn't correspond to the names they list. I am starting to doubt Rogers ability to deliver. Might need to go to andriod tv market.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I made my own attempt at working with a rep to understand the package changes, and addition, while at it, I attempted to understand all the changes in the wireless side of things too.

Two reps later, I was more confused than when I started - me thinks that the information is filtering down to their reps at a very slow pace, if at all.  

They acknowledged with all of my services that I am now on grandfathered plans (amazing how a plan that is less than a year old is "grandfathered"), and some of them don't even exist as an option anymore and they didn't even know what they were "VIP extra".  I haven't changed TV packages in about 10 years, only adding HBO.

No explanation about missing channels - I think that the people that have designed these are dropping these changes down on us a bit at a time as they modify to the mandidated changes that CRTC has ordered and seeing what the competition will do to.

A Globe and Mail report shows they are still losing cable and Internet customers (not surprising, if you change TV, you usually are required to take the alternative companies Internet). Which leads to the increase in discussions and questions about what to do with managing your email from Rogers if you transfer.  Every person who asks this question is another possible lost customer.

This process of making changes on the Internet web site while not keeping CSR's in the full loop with all the changes.  I got told yesterday that I was on their talk and text plan on my phone (which is one of the new ones), without realizing that I am actually on a very old family plan.

We will have to keep asking questions and communicating.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS My guess is that the CSR you spoke to is new on the job and they only teach them about the new stuff, nothing about what was yesterday.  I bet there's a high turnover in these reps and you may not find one that knows anything about VIP. That's why when I've called asking how I can find a listing of channel numbers I'm subscribed to like Rogers used to have, they didn't know what I was talking about.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I do get the impression that there is a lot of turnover going on at the moment, along with a lot of changes - technology, web sites, cell phone devices, call backs on phones before they are even out, new cable plans, changes in phone plans and bundles to name a few (well, not a few, that is a lot to wrap one's head around).

Let alone know what the older stuff is.

I did get some clarification today in a chat with a well informed chat person.

The packages for TV that we see on the web site are currently not complete in their presentation. Call it a phased in beta on the web site.  The rep acknowledged that there will be theme pak add-ons for the premium package added on September 7th, that are not ready to go out yet, nor has the site been programmed for it yet,

Then there will be another change to add theme paks for the other packages on September 15th, but she is not able to provide any details on these at this time.

The web site will need to be provisioned for that change over too, and then we expect to see the full al le carte in place by December 31st. (as defined by CRTC - my comment, not hers).

I did mention that it would have been nice if they had put on the web site that these packages are not available until September 7th and September 15th, that it was a complete waste of both of our time by putting it up before it was ready and complete, as well as a set up for all for frustration, confusion, miscommunication, or guessing, or being unable to respond at all.

Given the emphasis in all financial quarterly and annual reports, this one should be a no brainer in terms of what not to do to avoid frustrating and damaging the public image of the front line people with customers, both new and current.

But at least we know a little bit more. We know the basics of the three packages and the bundles, just not how the add-ons work, and she suspects that HBO theme package has just been missed along the way, and my own guess is that it would have been in with the premium package as an option along with the Super Channel package, which is free one month and discounted to 10.00 per month.  In the past presentation, they had one package with HBO and related channels and on Demand options in one package with the same price as a package beside it with the Super Channel options included.

I notice also that in the bundle packages, that some of my current features of my home phone have been removed and only available on the top priced package, not that I use all the features, but I do use the Canada and US long distance on the home phone a lot.  It is the add-ons that are generally most important to me and to have the choice of a basic package as our needs as a family are very low, but we have some unique needs.  It will be interesting what the final outcomes will be, and how competition defines the end result. My guess is it will take at least a full year, closer to two to get stability across the system, then some other technology change will come along, or another CRTC ruling as CCTC takes over concern resolution for all services in 2017.

As I said earlier, time will tell.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, the website is in a state of flux, as i's been most of the time. I also notice the emphasis is on "bundles". That means that when a customer commits to a bundle, it's a bigger hassle to switch to another provider of one of the components becomes unsatisfactory.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Contributor

@BS wrote:

I did get some clarification today in a chat with a well informed chat person.

The packages for TV that we see on the web site are currently not complete in their presentation. Call it a phased in beta on the web site.  The rep acknowledged that there will be theme pak add-ons for the premium package added on September 7th, that are not ready to go out yet, nor has the site been programmed for it yet,

Then there will be another change to add theme paks for the other packages on September 15th, but she is not able to provide any details on these at this time.

I did mention that it would have been nice if they had put on the web site that these packages are not available until September 7th and September 15th, that it was a complete waste of both of our time by putting it up before it was ready and complete, as well as a set up for all for frustration, confusion, miscommunication, or guessing, or being unable to respond at all.

Seems like the chat person did not get it right either. I still see no change on the Website as of today.  No theme pack add-ons - nothing! Business as usual for rogers I guess!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Dugi  You were looking like I did today and yesterday - you are right, no change - guess although the apparently well informed rep, may have been misinformed, or they changed the date on him.

And yes, unfortunately, business as usual.  As has been said by others, for a communications company, they seem to have great difficulty communicating consistently.

Me thinks that like so many big companies, as they get fixated on bottom line, well designed implementation of internal communications systems begin to fail.  The old saying of doing more with less, has never proved to be true, you can only do less with less, or less efficiently with less.

Oh well, I don't get bothered with this stuff anymore, just communicate and hope for change.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

TV adds, recently show a discount package of HBO/TMN package as add-on 4 months reduced price 50% off - wonder if this is tied to the new packages - online, on the how to get it button, it can't be done online - by chat, store and phone in only. So since it is changing, guess they haven't got the web site ready for online order, nor a full description of what you can put together. A set up for complete confusion and miscommunication and frayed nerves - an example of poor customer service to communicate completely in an easily understood manner. Just my opinion on customer service.