New TSN Channels FAQs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

New TSN Channels FAQs

Why is my current TSN channel being rebranded to TSN4/5?

TSN expanded its lineup to a total of five national channels: TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5.

In turn, Rogers rebranded the current TSN channel in all of our line-ups to the TSN channel that is dedicated to your region. For example, in Ontario (excluding Ottawa), TSN4 is considered the primary regional feed while in Ottawa, as well as the Atlantic provinces, TSN5 is the primary regional feed.

What channel numbers are TSN1/2/3/4/5?

TSN1 – 494

TSN2 – 495         

TSN3 – 496

TSN4 – 497

TSN5 – 498

*TSN4 or TSN5 will also be duplicated in alternate channel locations previously occupied by TSN (i.e. channel 30 in Toronto).*

When did these new feeds debut?

All of TSN’s new feeds debuted on Monday, August 25th.

How much will it cost to subscribe to TSN's new feeds?

There is no additional cost to receive TSN’s new channels (TSN1, TSN3 and TSN4/5, dependent on which service is not considered your primary feed), provided that you currently subscribe to TSN. TSN packaging varies by region. TSN2 is sold separately from the other TSN services and is included within our Digital VIP and Extra Packages.

Will every feed be available across Canada?

Yes. All five TSN feeds are available nationally (subject to blackouts for regional NHL hockey).

Why will my TSN channels not auto-tune to HD in the Atlantic area?

At this point, the auto-HD functionality in the Atlantic region is not available for the new TSN channels. Customers with an SD box can temporarily find the SD versions on channels 1162-1166.

SD customers can continue to receive TSN2 and TSN5 on its alternate channels.

• TSN2 – 98, 407
  • TSN5 – 28*, 406 (*channel varies by region)

Why are the 3 new TSN channels not available to me in the Hamilton area?

We apologize for any inconvenience but at this time, we’re unable to offer the new TSN channels in the Hamilton area. We are working to bring these services to you as soon as possible and more information will be provided when it becomes available.

Why can’t I get the Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators or Winnipeg Jets games scheduled to air on the TSN channels?

In addition to the 350 national regular season games that will air across Rogers’ channels, TSN will also be airing select Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators and Winnipeg Jets games on one of their dedicated TSN channels. These select games will only air in the respective team’s market (TSN3 – Winnipeg; TSN4 – Toronto; TSN5 – Ottawa). In ‘out of market’ areas, the games are blacked out as TSN cannot air these games to territories outside the teams’ home market. If you’re interested in receiving all out of market games, we offer the Super Sports Pack and NHL Centre Ice as options.

***Edited labels***