New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

got my email today and picked up 2 of them in ottawa. tv setup was a breeze finally and all seems to work well except the EXIT button when watching a recorded program. it does nothing when you press it when watching a recorded program. 

also the user guide URC2125 that came with the remote is not the same as the remote provided. my new one has BACK where the guide says INFO and INFO where the guide says FAV. What does BACK do?

INFO is still awkward when pressed when watching a recorded program, it stops it and u have to resume/restart/delete to move on. anyway time will tell if they got this really right, I found the EXIT problem in 10 min, maybe I should beta test 8>(

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello. 

I have trid trid to pair my new Rogers Champion remote to my Netbox Explorer 4642HD following the instructions from Rogers and it does not work for me. I have held the SetUp +Up Arrow and hold. The remote blinks to start pairing and then stops with one blink (not two) and it does not pair or work through the wall.

Please let me know what I am missing. This is a perfect solution for my home theatre room if I can get the RF to work.

Thanks,

Brad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @azbvanhalen

Unfortunately the RF will only work on the NB3 and also on the 4K box. Not on the one u have. I don't believe that remote can work on ur model but i could be mistaken.. The RF feature won't though.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Exactly @Meowmix, per the link in post 1 of this thread!  Should work with any Rogers STB in IR, but not RF.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the responses @Meowmix and @57. The remote works with my Netbox but not the RF. I guess I don't have a Netbox 3. Going to upgrade with Rogers.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ezbvanhalen

Yeah in order to make sure the RF work you need to get the NB3. Hope it all works well!
I'm Here A Lot

Does that mean you can toggle IR vs RF mode, if you still want the new remote but used with non-3.0 STBs?
I Plan to Stick Around

Any chance that they could program it to use one of the letter buttons for the Move function for picture in picture? I can't believe they overlooked this feature. Even if they can't, I'm eager to swap out my remote for a new one, whenever they get a new shipment at the Rogers store closest to me.  It's really annoying when I have to move stuff out of the way on the coffee table to change the channel.

I Plan to Stick Around

If anyone's still looking for one, the stores near me (Toronto, Bloor/Royal York & Bloor/Runnymede) got a new shipments today.

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like no shortage of these in Ottawa.  I called the Rogers store in Kanata (Terry Fox) and they said just drop by and pick one up, they have plenty.  Still nto sure why I never got an e-mail.  Anyhow, that store closes early and I was in Barrhaven in the evening so I dropped by that one, and picked up a remote.  Works like a charm.

I might pick up a second one for the non-PVR box even though I could not use the RF (the new remote is sleeker and has back-lit buttons).

Question -- is there, perhaps, an RF dongle I could attach to the non-PVR box (8642HD)?