New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Hello, @JennieN

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I hope you have browsed through this thread and programmed the remote as you intended. 

If still looking for help, please check our knowledge base article to program your remote. 

Please keep us informed on the outcome. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I also got the new remote that is very hard to navigate the direction and select buttons.  Can I exchange this for a better remote?  thanks.

Highlighted

Greetings and welcome to our Community @Poffii!

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can discuss what options may be available to you as far as an alternate remote goes.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Did anyone ever figure out how to get the Exit button to work on the 8300/4250 or older boxes? Can’t believe I can’t use the Exit button. It just doesn’t work on the older boxes with this version of the remote.

What gives?
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mark2000 wrote:
Did anyone ever figure out how to get the Exit button to work on the 8300/4250 or older boxes? Can’t believe I can’t use the Exit button. It just doesn’t work on the older boxes with this version of the remote.

What gives?

There was a discussion way back how to remap the RF Remote to enable the Exit button, but it remapped some others too you had to memorize.

Champion Remote button remapping.

MENU (Settings) - works
INFO -> toggles FAV
BACK -> INFO
EXIT -> works (EXIT)

1. “Aspect” button will not work.
2. “Info” button will take customer to Favorite menu.
3. “Menu” button will directly take customer to settings menu. Aspect can be changed from the Quick Settings Menu.
4. “Back” button will work as Info button.
5. All other buttons will work normal.

I did it and was not happy and nobody could tell me how to re-configure it back. I was able to get one of previous, discontinued Atlas remotes from Rogers, the RF feature was of no interest to me. I doubt if any Rogers store would have one anymore, but you can find them on Ebay, Kijiji and Amazon. 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario