New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

I understood Exactly what Stoneball was asking no need to be rude. It's very clear there is a difference between adding favorite shows to a Playlist vs. programming channels. I'm trying to find the same answer.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello. I just swapped a broken Atlas URC1056*** remote for a new Champion Plus URC2125B0-BX remote for my NextBox 2.0 PVR and set the audio code to 2061 for a Yamaha RX-V1700 receiver. The only problem after setup, is that now I can't change inputs on the receiver using the number keys (this method worked with the old remote) nor with the Video Input key (after completing the Locking Input Switch setup). Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

Is there a solution to this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bob181- : here are my comments & suggestions.

1. Try a different setup code for Yamaha that still controls the volume and turns the AVR on/off, etc. There are several setup codes for Yamaha.

https://www.urcsupport.com/

2. Different remotes have different capabilities. I noticed the same when I switched remotes with my Yamaha AVR. Try all the buttons on the front of the remote to see what they do on the AVR.  You may not be able to get the same functionality as on the 1056.

3. If you don't need the RF capability, call various stores to see if you can find a 1055 or 1056.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The problem with the older remotes is that they lack codes for some newer TVs.

Someone had raised this issue before:

On the older remotes, when you were in "audio mode", for an AV receiver,

the number keys would change AV receiver inputs, as did the original AV remote.

On the new Rogers remote, when you press the number keys when in the AV

mode, the "cable" button flashes and the TV channels change!

I used the same code for my AV as I did on an earlier remote, which still works.

(But, again, won't handle a new brand TV!)

Someone had mentioned that they had a solution but if it was posted, I missed it.

It's hard to believe that there is no solution to this problem!

Do Rogers reps monitor this feed?

They have obviously have a direct line to the remote manufacturer.    

Rogers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Did both - neither worked. Did discover the remote to our fake candle lights brings up the DVD movie menus, so we can now select some options. Would still love to get a remote that would connect with a Citizen C508DVD-BLU. So far nothing I've tried has worked.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, beyond turning (most) TVs (and AVRs) on/off and controlling the volume, the Rogers remotes are pretty useless for additional functionality.  Sometimes, depending on the remote and depending on the device, the remote can control other functions, but even then it can be unintuitive, like having to hit number keys to change inputs, etc.

If you wish full functionality, then you'll need to purchase a programmable remote like the Harmony line.  The model 665 usually does the trick (for IR) and is often on sale for around $50.  The nice thing about the Harmony remote is that it is activity based, so after it's programmed, when you press "watch TV" it'll turn on the TV, turn on the STB, turn on the AVR, switch the TV to the correct input, switch the AVR to the correct input, etc.  Then when you want to "Watch DVD" or similar, one button press will then do similar functionality regarding inputs, etc.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/665

These are usually quite "family/spouse" friendly, unlike the Rogers remotes.  If something goes awry with the remote, there is a useful "help" function, which guides anyone through the steps to get things working again, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

"Unfortunately, beyond turning (most) TVs (and AVRs) on/off and controlling the volume, the Rogers remotes are pretty useless for additional functionality.  Sometimes, depending on the remote and depending on the device, the remote can control other functions, but even then it can be unintuitive, like having to hit number keys to change inputs, etc."

Simply not  true!

On the new 2125 most of the controls on my Sony Blu ray player work, as they did on the old remote.

On my old remote for my Vizio TV, the "switch video input" key worked. etc. 

Not mapping the numeric keys to the audio receiver (leaving them as mapped to the cable

box) was an oversight.  They WERE mapped on the previous remotes.

To summarize, I had dropped programmable remotes since Rogers remotes were fine

for most day-to-day-operations.

I managed to get an email address to the remote manufacturer. 

I'll post if I get an answer.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I use my Xbox One S to play 4K HDR discs on my 4K Vizio. It is superb.

But the Xbox controller is a disaster as a Blu ray controller!

I just programmed the DVD button as Blu ray Xbox on my 2125. Only one code!

It is superb! Most essential controls work, and more easy than using the Xbox controller.

So, Sony Blu-ray, fine and Xbox 4K Blu ray fine.

Receivers, not fine: someone forgot that the numeric keys are used to switch receiver inputs!

Again, an oversight, IMO.

I will push the manufacturer to do an update.

Obviously, you would have to go in and get a new controller, after a certain date: if it happens.

They would need to update a ROM. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bob181- wrote: Simply not  true!

I did state that the functionality depended on the device and the remote, but you seemed most concerned with changing inputs on the AVR.  😉

Just as an FYI, if you're a "hobbyist" it is possible to perform programming of the URC remotes using a JP1 connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JP1_remote

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just got a new Champion remote and tried pairing it. I either get it to:

1. Turn on both cable and TV, but the controls (channel, volume, etc.) don't work.
2. Turn on only the cable box with working controls, but TV doesn't turn on.
3. Turn on the TV, but the cable box doesn't turn on.

I can't get it to turn on both the TV and cable box with the controls working. Currently, I can only turn on the cable box and have the controls working. I still have to manually switch on my TV monitor using its power button. Its been EXTREMELY frustrating. It'll be most appreciated if someone can solve this problem.