New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Update 2.0 

Soo its not the Remote its my receiver I think. I have the same receiver upstairs, and managed to program both new remotes in RF mode and both remotes work! confirmed. Yet I cant set either remote downstairs to the exact same receiver as upstairs.. Weird.  

I'm Here A Lot

UPDATE 3.0 - Super weird Keep up!

Since the upstairs receiver programmed successfully in RF I took it downstairs in exchange for the one down here. Once the receiver from downstairs was upstairs it too took the RF programming the first time. Yet it wouldn't do it when located in basement. So now both receivers work in RF mode .. Sweet

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Be aware, per the link in my previous post, that you should not use RF if you have more than one PVR since you might affect the one in the other room when you don't want to.  Make sure that doesn't happen by "seeing" what happens to the "other" PVR when controlling the first PVR.  Perhaps the "pairing" is unique and you won't affect the other one.  I don't have this remote.

The reboots caused by moving the PVRs probably fixed any firmware issues allowing you to pair.

I'm Here A Lot

You're Probably right, the reboot fixed any issues.
Didn't see any interferance issues going on between the two receivers even when the rooms are directly above each other.

Thanks for the help
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a brand new Rogers remote and I have to press any button 3 times before it works. Say I hit the guide button. The cable button flashes twice and nothing happens. Press it again quickly after and it works. Want to change a channel and press 5 and nothing happens. I wait and the cable button flashes twice. Then I have to input the number again. Very frustrating

Hello, @Jeffmac.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

Thank you for posting your remote control experience in the Community.

We can certainly look into diagnosing the issue; please provide the remote control model and the cable box model. Are you controlling more than one box with the new remote? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi it’s the standard new remote. urc-2125bco-bx and explorer 4642hd
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Jeffmac wrote:
Hi it’s the standard new remote. urc-2125bco-bx and explorer 4642hd

This is a very slow box.  Takes a while to respond.

So, what is probably happening is.

1st press to turn on guide, slow to respond, so you press 2nd time, this turns the guide off.  This no guide so you press 3rd time and now the guide shows up.

Just press once and wait.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi it’s not the box. It’s the same issue with my other box which is different. This is the second remote brand new with the same issue. Take it out of the bag put batteries in. Tried holding setup, then cable, then ok. Still not working properly. It’s weird as this must be happening to other people. It used to be that you get a new remote, put batteries in and you could use it with your box. I’m obviously missing something even though I have followed the instructions. I work in tv so I’m technically inclined so it’s a little frustrating haha. I guess I’ll just bring the remote in to Rogers and show them what I mean. It’s almost like the first time I hit any button nothing happens. Have to hit it again then I wait a second and I’ll see the cable led on the remote flash twice then it will send a signal. Who knows.

Hello, @Jeffmac.

Two remotes with the same response seem to be mysterious. You don't need to program the remote if you are just trying to control the cable box. It could be related to the IR sensor on the box. 

Have you tried rebooting the cable box since you got the new remote?

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin