New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Rogers RF remote

I have a panasonic TV, but pairing hte RF feature with a NB3 shouldn't depend on which TV is also on the remote? The TV works fine

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The brand of TV has no impact on pairing the RF remote with the STB. I have no idea why @RogersZia would even ask that question.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello all,

Just a heads up - I have never been able to successfully pair an RF remote with my Nextbox 3.  If the remote successfully pairs, I should be able to "point" the remote backwards toward a wall (or other obstruction) and have it work...never does for me! 

I continue to use my RF remote in IR (standard) mode.  Works fine unless something gets in the way (box of tissue, items on table, etc).

Highlighted

Hi @syntxerr,

Thank you for the information. As a standard practice, our digital boxes are pre-programmed with the URCs, unless the initial settings are changed. Here are the steps on how to pair your remote:-

1. Press the mode key for the device type you wish to setup.

2. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice.

3. Using the digit keys on the remote, enter the code 1291

4. Test the remote to confirm that it controls your device as expected.

If the pairing is not successful you can obtain an alternate code here.  You'll have to scroll all the way down to Remote Control Setup. 

Hope this helps! Please keep us posted. 

RogersZia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@syntxerr:

You seem to be doing everything properly to pair your RF remote with the NB3.  The only thing I can suggest is to ask someone else in your residence to try while you read them the instructions. I have found that sometimes a slightly different point of view can make things work.

@RogersZia

The "pairing" we are discussing has to do with the RF remote and the NB3, as discussed in the following link.  Your post seems to be assuming something else.

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

"If you have a NextBox 3.0 or NextBox 4K, follow these steps to pair for Radio Frequency (RF). RF allows you to control your NextBox with your remote without line of sight, through a door or a wall.

1. Press and Hold the SETUP key + UP ARROW  at the same time to put the remote control in pairing mode.
  2. The CABLE button will continually flash until pairing is completed. Once pairing is successful, the LED under the CABLE key will flash twice."

Highlighted

Hi @syntxerr,

I apologize for misunderstanding your request as I was under the impression you required steps on how to pair the remote with your TV. 

In this case if you are experiencing issues pairing your RF feature, please try the steps listed above by @57.

@57 wrote:

1. Press and Hold the SETUP key + UP ARROW  at the same time to put the remote control in pairing mode.
  2. The CABLE button will continually flash until pairing is completed. Once pairing is successful, the LED under the CABLE key will flash twice."

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

@57 thank you for the clarification.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ive tried, my friend has tried. No joy. Tried arrow down to unpair, which shows success but pairing just blinks for about 30 - 45 seconds and never works...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@syntxerr:

Grasping at straws here.  Try rebooting the NB3, then pairing when the reboot is complete - say 10-15 minutes after starting the reboot.

Whoops, I see that you already tried that too in post 159.  Give it one more try?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Did that, waited 20 mins - then tried again the next day... same thing!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@syntxerr(and others having RF pairing issues) I don't really know what else to suggest...

- exchange the remote for another one.

- Take the batteries out of the remote overnight.

- Call Rogers