New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: New Rogers RF remote

4K Nextbox turning on or off

My remote will not turn my 4K nextbox on or off. It worked for about 5 weeks but won’t work now

Hello @BobbyOK,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Having a remote that functions properly is super important, I know how annoying it can be when it's not working.

Are you able to manually turn on the NextBox by pressing the power button on the front of the unit?

• If yes, are you then able to change channels using the remote? 
  • If no, there could be an issue with the actual box itself.

When pressing the power button on the remote does the "Cable" button near the top of the remote light up at all?

Keep us posted!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I can turn the Nextbox on by manually pressing the power button on the box. Once it is on I cannot change channels or adjust volume. The cable light on the remote does light up when pressing the power button.

Hi @BobbyOK,

Thanks for the additional information. 

Can you let us know what buttons on the remote light up when you press the channel up/down or volume buttons? 

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

When I press the up and down channel button the cable light came on. Pressing the volume buttons the TV light came on.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can the Rogers remote be programmed to a Samsung Soundbar to adjust the volume?

We have a Nextbox 3.0 in the household, and we have a soundbar setup. We currently have to use the seperate controls to adjust the volume for the soundbar. The Rogers remote already controls the Nextbox and the Samsung Smart TV.

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bscrivens

The following links may be useful:

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Champion-Plus-Manual-Eng-Span.pdf

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers

You have to setup your device first, then programme in the volume control to adjust that device rather than the TV.

You can also programme the remote to turn all your devices on/off by using the "Watch Cable" functionality.

Hello, @BobbyOK

Thank you for confirming the light pattern on the remote. I have experimented the remote control operation here both in RF and IR mode. By default without any programming, the remote can fully control any of our set-top boxes. Do you remember any changes like programming remote to control another device etc. done prior to the remote stopped working on your 4K box? 

You can try removing the remote batteries overnight, this action should cause the remote to revert to factory defaults. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Programming PROSCAN Bluetooth Soundbar speaker

I bought a PROSCAN 37" Bluetooth Soundbar speaker with optical input. The setup is all good except I could not program my TV remote control to adjust the speaker. My TV remote control is the latest URC 2125.

I do not have the setup code for the sound bar.

Please help !!  

Hello, jimichin

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Hope you are enjoying your Proscan 37" Bluetooth Soundbar speaker. Please see the Message 277 above from @57 to program your speaker. You need to go to Setup/Add New Audio/Search for your speaker and follow the instructions to complete the setup. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.