New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Rogers RF remote EXIT Button, SETTINGS Button

Okay, there is another picture size function on the SA8300HD that I never noticed before, now that I have Settings back. Scrolling down the first (Quick Settings) screen there is Picture Size, which I have at Normal and this actually stretches SD channels like Omni horizontally and has black borders on top and bottom. The other options are Zoom1 where Omni fills the screen with a 4:3 picture top to bottom without distortion and Zoom2 which fills the whole screen with a 4:3 picture, stretching it horizontally.  (It appears that a lot of the ethnic shows on Omni are shot with old 4:3 equipment.) Zoom2 is what I would use for the current series of Hearbeat on TVO because it looks like British 16:9 compressed horizontally into 4:3.   As you can tell, I don't enjoy watching distorted  video, which I find just as offensive as those vertical cellphone videos on Facebook. Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

We need to program back the remote to RF mode. After converting to IR mode, It  can be programmed back to RF mode with RF dongle attached to IR port in the back of box. The procedure to covert it back to RF mode with RF dongle is available in www.urcsupport.com. The aspect button will start working.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OdiaRaj So I would need a dongle? Where do I get that? When I got this Champion URC2125 remote it worked in IR mode with my Smart TV and SA8300HD just following the simple instructions on urcsupport.com. After following your instructions in Post 240 to get the Exit function back I lost the Info function, which is really important to me. Are there no simple instructions to reset the URC2125 back to default?

Anyway, I have a new Atlas 1056 remote coming, plus the lost one turned up and I bet I could just walk into a Rogers store and get another new URC2125. Also, I just found that the RAPTV apps on my Android phone and tablet show a picture of the 1056 remote and touching the Info button on that brings it up on my TV screen.  The Info function is the most important one missing after reprogramming the remote and I seldom used the Fav feature on the old remote.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Back button will work as INFO button

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well now that I again have an older Atlas 1056 Remote and various other means to access all the functions, I'll give it a rest. I had no trouble configuring the replacement Atlas 1056 from eBay to control my PVR, TV, Magnavox  DVDR  and Pioneer AVR,  But after again going through the steps to configure the new Champion URC2125, it still won't control my DVDR and AVR. Apparently it's not backwards compatible with older hardware, therefore a dud.  If you have a desire to get this new RF Remote from Rogers, be sure to keep your old Remote as backup because you'll be losing several functions as well as compatibility with older hardware.

I've Been Around

Pairing Champion Plus remote with a different set-top box

I have two set-top boxes and two remotes, but one has been misplaced in my house. Until I find it, is there any way to take the remote from the less frequently used TV and pair it with the most frequently used set top box? Is it the standard setup process or do I have to "de-pair" it from the other box?

I'm a Senior Advisor

The quickest way to find a misplaced remote is to go to your local Rogers store and tell them you lost or wore it out. I did that and didn't even have to identify myself or show I'm a Rogers customer. All they have now are the new RF remotes.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. It is standard process, as this will remove Rf code from box.

The other process is to factory reset box. I will not  recommend this as  you will loose all recordings for PVR box  and box may  may download the last update again.

Unpairing the RF remote from box is best process for all nextbox.

I've Been Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

I want to lock my tv volume and cable volume and I believe it used to be 9-9-8 or something like that?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Rogers RF remote

@Bonjer:  Here's an earlier link.  I believe the steps are the same for the RF & IR remotes:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/New-Rogers-RF-remote/m-p/406675#M44189