Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

335 REPLIES 335

Re: New Rogers RF remote

J612
I've been around

I have a URC remote and Netbox. I have tried the solution offered 3x without success. The cable light flashes and then 2x to confirm pairing - but there is no RF pairing.

The 'link' referred to in the above post on my ipad does not provide any assistance.

What do you suggest?

Tks

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

hi

I do not know the model no. of Nextbox you are trying on. Pairing in Rf mode can only be done with 4k box and 9865HD models from Rogers.

RF mode will not work with 4642HD,8642HD,8600HD. Some of these boxes are also branded as Nextbox.

The procedure is ...

Pairing in RF mode--put adapter in pairing mode/press UP arrow, then hold setup until led blinks rapidly/led will blink twice and it will stop-success

1. Press and hold UP arrow first and while holding it, Press and hold SETUP Until Cable button starts flashing
  2. Once paired cable will blink twice and it will stop
  3. Test RF mode, if not working or repeat procedure.

unun4848
I plan to stick around

Hello. I just swapped a broken Atlas URC1056*** remote for a new Champion Plus URC2125B0-BX remote for my NextBox 2.0 PVR and set the audio code to 2061 for a Yamaha RX-V1700 receiver. The only problem after setup, is that now I can't change inputs on the receiver using the number keys (this method worked with the old remote) nor with the Video Input key (after completing the Locking Input Switch setup). Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

First ....

You must have a remote with watch cable button at top. If you have remote with red power button on remote, please swap remote at any rogers store and obtain the remote with "Watch Cable" button at top.

If you already have the right remote try to repair it..

1.  press "cable" button once -- one blink

2. Press "Setup and hold until cable button blinks 2 times

3. Press 9-8-2.

Try programming remote in RF mode.

Remember to remain away from box to the extent of 5 feet. 

KWoo
I plan to stick around

Use Rogers remote to control Roku device

I'm planning to purchase a Roku Express and I'm wondering if I can program my Rogers remote to control it versus having to have another remote hanging around. Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Could I connect it via the "DVD" button? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

Rogers remote will not work with ROKU

The EFC (Extended Function code) are different in Roku. The buttons such as Home, info, Play, REW and FF will not work. On and off may work for some old version of ROKU. So I do not feel that universal remote will work for ROKU. I will advice not to play with Rogers Remote.

If you lost ROKU remote, you can buy at Amazon. It may cost you up to $10.

adm7007
I plan to stick around

Rogers remote won't control volume

Last week my father purchased a 55" Samsung 6 series UHD TV,model UN55KU6290.

The TV seems to work well with the old 8642HD box.

When you press the power button on the Rogers remote the picture appears almost instantly.

The issue is that the Rogers 5 button remote will not adjust the volume at all.

When you press the volume button the volume bar will appear on the screen and you can move it from 0-100 and back,but it has no effect on the sound.

Only the mute works on the Rogers remote.

We have to adjust the volume with the Samsung remote.

I tried that procedure where you enter 933 on the remote on both TV and Cable and that didn't work.

The rogers remote would control the volume on the previous Toshiba Regza TV.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks.

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

It looks like that the new remote is not programmed to TV. If this remote has watch Cable button on to... Please follow this procedure............ . If you see teh volume going up on top right had side of TV, Please increase the volume on to 100%.

1. Press Tv button once

2. Press and hold "setup" until TV button flashes 2 times.

3. Enter code for samsung which is 0812

4. Press POWER button to test if TV goes off

Press cable and test volume.

If still the volume is not working try...

1.       Press  TV  Key Once only

2.       Press and hold "setup" until TV button flashes 2 times.

3.       Press Volume + Once

4.        Press TV key once and TV button should flash 2 times

Press cable and check volume.

If you still have Old type of remote with Red power button on top...

1. Press Tv button once

3. Enter code for samsung which is 0812

4. Press POWER button to test if TV goes off

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000267 EndHTML:000002495 StartFragment:000002030 EndFragment:000002463 StartSelection:000002030 EndSelection:000002459 SourceURL:http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message-id/4...

If still the volume is not working try...

1.Press  TV Key Once only

3. Press 9-9-3

4. Press TV key once and TV button should flash 2 times

Press cable and check volume.

This should definitely work

adm7007
I plan to stick around

Thanks for replying.

I'm a little confused.

If the Rogers remote is not programmed to the new TV,how is it that I'm able to turn the TV on/off,change channels,access Navigator guide,change picture size and mute the volume with the Rogers remote?

I can't adjust the volume with the Rogers remote even thought the volume bar appears on the screen.

When I set the TV up I found a Rogers setup guide in a drawer and used the procedure where you punch in code 991 to program the remote.

After finding that the volume wouldn't adjust with the Rogers remote I tried the code 993 procedure with no luck.

I have the original remote that came with the 8642HD box.

Remote number is 1056B03.

This would be the old remote you refer to with the red power button on top.

OdiaRaj
I plan to stick around

The code to program TV is important. Did you used 0812 ??

If you have programmed remote in any other way, please use code 0812 or 0702.

The volume will work then, otherwise volume may not work

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@adm7007:

I suggest you utilize the following website to properly programme your remote for the STB and the TV.

There are steps for setting up the remote for each device, then for "Global Volume Lock" and for "Master Power".

https://www.urcsupport.com/

It sounds like the correct code for your TV is not yet programmed and then you can set up "Global Volume Lock".

It's also possible to download the simplified manual from the website.  Sometimes, depending on the make/model of the TV, it may be necessary to try several codes from the operating manual to see which one functions best for your particular device/TV.

adm7007
I plan to stick around

OdiaRaj,

I tried what you suggested using code 0812.

I can now control the volume with the Rogers remote only after the TV button is pressed.It won't work if you press cable.

Needs to be on cable to turn off TV and cable box together,I guess that's normal.

When the TV is turned off there's a small red light that stays on at the bottom right corner of the TV.

When the TV is on the light is off.

That didn't happen before.

Should that light be on when the TV is off?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@adm7007 wrote:

1. I can now control the volume with the Rogers remote only after the TV button is pressed.It won't work if you press cable.

2. Needs to be on cable to turn off TV and cable box together,I guess that's normal.

3. When the TV is turned off there's a small red light that stays on at the bottom right corner of the TV.

1. That's because you don't have global volume lock properly programmed. Go to the operating manual and use the 993 sequence to properly set up global volume lock.  See step 4 of the OM (I believe you said you had the 1056):

https://www.urcsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Atlas-1056-Eng-Span-Manual.pdf

2. Yes, that's normal.

3. Depends on the TV.  Some TVs have a light on when they're on.  Others have the light on when the TV is off. Check what the TV does when you use the actual TV remote.  Make sure that the TV and STB are in "sequence" to utilize the Master Power key that controls both the TV and STB.

adm7007
I plan to stick around

Step 4 says,

Note:Volume control defaults to TV.Perform this step only if you wish to use an audio receiver,amp,or home theater surround system for volume control when watching cable.

I don't have any of those things.

Is it still worth doing?

I checked and the red light being on when the TV is off is normal for Samsung.

It indicates that the TV has fully powered off.

(on a side note,has there been trouble with the forum?

I could not post a reply last night after numerous attempts.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@adm7007:

Somehow your remote is no longer "locked" to the TV. Therefore please do the Global Volume Lock to the TV (Press the TV button instead of AUD) and you'll be all set. 

These instructions were also provided to you at the end of post 218.

The operating manual link and URC link I provided in earlier posts is a simplified version. The full operating manual is available at the following link with complete instructions. See page 16 for Global Volume Lock.

https://www.cogeco.ca/web/resources/pdf/support/user_guides/tv/atlas_ocap5_en.pdf

Note that you have posted in the RF Remote thread and your 1056 remote is not RF, but we're trying to help you anyway.

adm7007
I plan to stick around

Frustrating situation to say the least.

Samsung user manual provided with the TV is a joke,with no info to program different remotes.

(the Samsung remote provided with the TV is a joke as well as it has no number buttons).

Samsung e-manual that you can bring up on screen has no info on programming remotes as far as I can see.I couldn't find anything there.

The guy that gave me the 0812 Samsung code is awesome.Thank you!

That got things working good enough for now.

Samsung won't or can't give any codes for different remote manufactures to work with their TV's in an e-mail they sent me today.

That Rogers 991 code procedure I tried initially is not fully effective.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@adm7007 wrote:

1. Samsung user manual provided with the TV is a joke,with no info to program different remotes.

2. (the Samsung remote provided with the TV is a joke as well as it has no number buttons).

3. That Rogers 991 code procedure I tried initially is not fully effective.

1.  That's why I gave you the link to the operating manual for the 1056 remote in post 225. Why aren't you using it?

2. That is typical (that it's useless for other devices)

3. The code is 993, not 991, per page 16 of the operating manual for the 1056 remote.  You have been given this procedure at least three times - in my posts and at the bottom of post 218.  If you use that procedure to properly programme the 1056 remote for controlling volume on your TV, you'll no longer need to press the TV button at the top. Rather the remote will have implemented "Global Volume Lock" and you can leave the remote in CBL mode.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I never thought I'd be getting this new RF remote, but I stopped in at the Rogers store yesterday to see if I could get a replacement for the old 4-button remote the grandkids lost and kept borrowing mine.  Turns out all that was available anymore was the new RF remote and that's what she gave me. So naturally I gave the kids my old 5-button remote and kept the new one for myself.  After setting it up it works great with my new Samsung smart TV and SA8300HD after getting used to a few different button locations. However, there is one anomaly. To access the diagnostic screens on the 8300 with the remote you press Pause for 10 seconds, then Page Up when the mail icon flashes on the PVR display. That all works, but the remote Exit button no longer exits the diagnostic screens, only the Exit button on the box itself.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Re: New Rogers RF remote EXIT Button

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Does your Exit button work?

I have now determined that the Exit button on the new Champion Plus RF Remote does not work with my SA8300HD PVR.  It works fine with my Smart TV functions but does nothing for Cable.  Can anyone confirm this? What PVR or STB are you using?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Instead of using Exit or Back, does the "Live" button at the bottom right work to get out of wherever you are?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, the Live button gets me back, except it leaves the Info banner at the bottom of the screen, which does not disappear.  Pressing Info then displays the full Info description, which then disappears.  Is that what you see with both your 8300 and Nextbox 3.0?  Previously I would use the Exit button to get back to my recording after pressing Guide, or to kill the banner displayed by the Pause or FF buttons.