New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Rogers RF remote

@RyeGuy13 wrote:

Champion RF remote connect to an RF to IR extender

My question I guess is, can the Rogers Champion remote connect to an wireless RF to IR extender similar to a logitech remote?

My guess would be no. I would guess the RF part only pairs with the STB. The control of all other equipment would be via IR. You could get an IR blaster or IR extender to use with any other hidden equipment though.  Usually pretty inexpensive online.

I've Been Around

Really unimpressive to see that the playlist issue remains unresolved after over a year. I had to replace my remote recently, and was given the new one. I used playlist all the time 

2am, I'm on the phone with rogers and after 20 minutes it's concluded they don't know how I can make the playlist.

I come here, and find out, I simply can't do that with this remote. So I waited an hour in line at rogers store last week for nothing. 

That was written a year ago. It's bad enough they dropped the ball on creating a fully functional remote, they still haven't fixed it! Come on!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Playlist??

I am guessing that you mean the FAVORITES list of channels?

While i dont have the remote... i think its doable? @57 or another may be able to confirm.

Hitting the guide button twice, should bring you to the favorites list (for the 'browsing' of it.)
There are a few ways to add channels to the list.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Playlists were discussed recently, but I can't find the thread right now. This is regarding playlists in on-demand channels where you need the "FAV" button to invoke playlist functionality (post 184 of this thread). The RF remote is missing the FAV button, so you'll need your old remote (or something like a Harmony remote) if you wish to do OD playlists.

This is different from the favourite functionality of channels, where there is a workaround.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

that's the point, I have the same issue, when you press MENU you get the GUIDE screen. URC2125 with 8642HD
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, it appears that you can do playlists on the Rogers on Demand website, if that's something that interests anyone.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just a clarification on On Demand playlists

On set top box:

It is all set up to be able to do this - when you find a show you want to watch later, you can click FAV on the old remotes.  A star will show beside the chosen item for the playlist.

The B button brings up the playlist and you can clear them or play from there.  

But....

On my own PVR Nextbox 3.0 I have always been able to do the saving of the playlist, but as soon as I exit out of On-Demand, watch the PVR, watch TV live, when I go back into On demand, the playlist is no longer populated.

Don't know if others have experienced this.

Seems like a feature, trying to be Netflix like, they wrote the code for it, then forgot to keep it saved in memory for the next use.

So for me, on my box it is a useless feature, unless I was only going to ever use On Demand - but you can't turn the box off either, it will be lost then too.

On Website

I found the playlist feature to add a show to the playlist on the website,

You will find it under a selected show, or in a series, you can add the whole series,

but again....

This one you can find the play list, but I had to do searching through the FAQ's.  Not really intuitive -

If you click on your account name xxxx@rogers.com, a drop down will appear, and you will find

My Rentals

My Playlist

My Profile

and Sign out.

Now that one took me a while to find, but it is there - full saved playlist functionality - but not on the set top box for me - oh and incase you may thing the playlist will show up on the TV On Demand Play list - it doesn't.

Bruce

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Try code 1265 or 1423 to program remote to TV, the input button should work
I Plan to Stick Around

Try reprogramming video input.
1.Press TV button Once
2.Press and hold setup until Tv button blinks 2 times
3.Press Video Input once only
4. Press Tv button once only
Now the video Input button should work
I Plan to Stick Around

You can make volume or channel button independent to device.
1. Press Cable button
2.Press setup button and hold it, until cable button blinks 2 times
3. press MUTE button once only

or to lock volume to one device
1. press the device key to which you want to lock volume buttons.
2. press setup and hold until that device key blinks 2 times
3. Press vol+ button once only
4. Press the device key once only