New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Rogers RF remote

The purpose of having RF/UHF function in your remote is so that you can hide the STB in a cabinet or you keep it in a different place than your TV, for example, mine is on the opposite wall of where my TV is, and it would be very awkward to point your remote behind your head every time you want to change channels. now, since your TV is usually infront of you, its almost always line of sight, so it makes sense for the remote to have IR to control the TV's power and volume functions, this is how it is, Ive never heard someone wanting to control power and volume from another room, its doable, but not with the standard equipment they provide, if u really want this, you better be forking over some money for some kind of device or build a device yourself to accomplish this, because its not something that is high in demand

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi I have the RF remote and try to create playlists for the kids to watch cartoons but there is no FAV button to select from the available programs. How do I do this w the RF remote??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stoneball:

Press the Guide button repeatedly.  It should bring up your favourites on the second press.

If you're trying to create favourite channels go to Settings (Menu?) - Channel Setup.  Or get out an old remote.  Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

I know how to get favorites on the guide. To create a playlist, you are supposed to highlight the episode and press the FAV button to add the episode to the playlist, but there is no FAV button on the RF remote.  How do I create a playlist using the RF remote.

I Plan to Stick Around

surley someone must know?

How do I create a playlist of "treehouse on demand" episodes using the RF remote. Instructions say use fav button but there is no fav button on RF remote.

I Plan to Stick Around

@stoneball wrote:

surley someone must know?

How do I create a playlist of "treehouse on demand" episodes using the RF remote. Instructions say use fav button but there is no fav button on RF remote.

Stoneball, if you had made it clear that you were talking about On Demand there might have been more helpful replies. I never use On Demand, but I checked it now and you are right in that you can generate a playlist but it requires the use of a FAV button which the new RF remote does not have. I have several older remotes with the FAV button and it does work. So the easiest solution is to obtain an older remote and use it to set up the playlist. This is obviously something the Rogers team didn't consider when deciding no FAV button was required on the RF remote.

Perhaps a Rogers Moderator could comment on this apparent deficiency. 

Good afternoon @stoneball and thank you for reaching out @TheArcher.

I personally do not use this feature so I wasn't aware of the issue until I reproduced it from here. Looking into it, the playlist feature is unsupported on the RF remote. You would have to secure one of the previous model remotes if you wish to use the playlist feature On Demand.

I know that may be a pain and I wish I had a better solution for you but it is the only solution I can offer.

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersCorey wrote:
 Looking into it, the playlist feature is unsupported on the RF remote. You would have to secure one of the previous model remotes if you wish to use the playlist feature On Demand.

There are other features of the standard remote also not supported by the new RF model. If one of my regular remotes failed, would Rogers still be able to replace it, or would I have to "downgrade" to the RF model?  Are there any plans for a newer RF remote that has all of the functionality of the old IR remote?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Champion RF remote connect to an RF to IR extender

So far I am really liking my new Rogers Champion remote and 4k STB.

I can control my TV via IR and the Rogers NextBox 4K via RF which allows me to point the remote at the TV.  However I have a Yamaha Reciever (located to the right) that I am setting up to handle the sound/volume etc.  I wish the 4k box had a IR blaster connection so I could relay controls via RF through the Nextbox to the reciever.  

My question I guess is, can the Rogers Champion remote connect to an wireless RF to IR extender similar to a logitech remote?

Thank you

Ryan

Good evening @RyeGuy13,

Thank you for your post & Welcome to the forums!

We're glad to know you enjoy using the Champion Remote as well as your 4K terminal.

You should technically have the ability to pair your RF remote with your equipment.

You can find more information regarding the setup by clicking on the following link: LINK 

Don't hesitate to ask, if you have any other question Smiley Wink

RogersMaude