New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Hello, @syntxerr

For any reason when RF pairing fails, the remote shall still work in IR mode. Does the remote work at all? The remote should work with any other Rogers' Set-Top boxes in IR mode. If another box is not available you can try pairing it with your TV to check if it's functional. 

If the remote works with other devices and it will not work/pair with NB3 in either mode, since you've already tried rebooting the box etc. I would suggest swapping the box.

If the remote is not working with any device you can definitely swap the remote as suggested by @57

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

You can change the volume lock to to control what ever you want
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, my RF remote works great through obstructions. Every button works except volume though. Is there a way to control volume button through the obstruction? It is quite the most essential feature for me in RF remote as my kids watch their shows really loud. And I would like to control the volume while I am meditating in the other room. And no, don't ask me to turn off the TV instead. I am not that mean 😄

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@prateeck7:

The remote typically comes pre-programmed to control the volume of typical TVs. The volume control does NOT control the set top box itself.  What is the make/model of your TV?  If it's not one of the standard brands, then it may not be in the "pre-programming" defaults.

Go to the following link and follow the setup instructions for volume, etc:  You may need to enter the code for your particular TV, per the setup instructions first.

http://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125b0-bb/

If you have difficulty following the instructions, call Rogers and they will usually walk you through it.

If you are trying to control the volume of an Audio Video Receiver, the steps are similar and are also outlined in the link above.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats the one downside of this remote/setup.

While the connection to the Rogers box itself is RF... the connection to your TV is still via infrared.

That the remote chages the TV volume..  its sort of stuck Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty

Let me make it clear. I can control every buttons through walls. It's only volume control that I cannot control through the walls Smiley Mad (It's fine if there is no wall. I can even control it if I turn the remote on the opoosite direction).

Are you implying that I cannot control volume through the wall?

Weird though. I can control the volume icon of the cable box. However, the actual voume output is unchanged.

Cable volume is bascially usless for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, since the TV is IR, this won't work through the walls like RF does for the STB.  You could consider an IR repeater for the TV, but using an IR repeater would have worked for all your equipment with an IR remote.

Since the TV usually needs to be in sight to watch it, then the remote's IR signals should also be in sight of the TV. Smiley Wink  I don't understand how you can be in another room and watch TV.

The remote can control the volume output of some STBs, however, you need to use the "variable" (not fixed) setting and analogue audio connections, which doesn't work in today's digital world, but did work years ago with analogue (audio and video) connections.

Another option would be to turn down the volume before going to meditate and take the remote with you so that your kids cannot turn the volume back up?  This is not as mean as turning off the TV....

I've Been Here Awhile

I am still having trouble pairing my RF remote to my Nextbox 3.0. Do I need to do something on the cable box so that it sees my remote when it is in pairing mode. My remote just flashes when I hold down arrow up + setup at the same time but never pairs with the Nextbox. Any help would be appreciated.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

i found this thread 7 months later and it solved the issue. they should put this instruction in with every remote...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@prateeck7 wrote:

@Gdkitty

Let me make it clear. I can control every buttons through walls. It's only volume control that I cannot control through the walls Smiley Mad (It's fine if there is no wall. I can even control it if I turn the remote on the opoosite direction).

Are you implying that I cannot control volume through the wall?

Weird though. I can control the volume icon of the cable box. However, the actual voume output is unchanged.

Cable volume is bascially usless for me.

Like everyone else has stated, the signal from your remote to the TV will always be through IR (Infared) and the Volume control is a feature of your TV set not the STB . There is no way around it, unless your TV manufacturer some how adds RF capability, and some how Rogers remote is re-designed with this in mind and they are paired together