New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Good day, @OLDYELLR

You are very welcome. I appreciate your contribution to the Community.

For your Q1, to my understanding, the older model remotes will eventually be replaced by the newer RF model. So it depends on the warehouse stock from where the tech is picking the STBs to install. In the case of self-install, it depends on the store stock.

As for Q2, if the tech has an old remote with him would definitely honour the request. If the upgrade is happening at the store, it depends on the store stock. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wow thank you very much!
That triple step worked for me finally.
I was getting frustrated with this rc.
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a way to reprogram or teach buttons from the old remote?  My pre-Nextbox PVR, 8300 I think, does not detect the Back or Exit signals from the new remote.  It's not a big deal but I do use them a lot when navigating menus or removing the guide without having to press the guide button 2 more times.  I would like to keep using the new remote for the backlit buttons since this PVR is in the bedroom.

Highlighted

Hello, @davej13

Thank you for posting your query in the Community.

Anybody else in the Community using the RF remote with 8300HD PVR and having a similar issue? Any input is appreciated.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The "Back" key on the RF remote should function like the Exit key.   I have a friend who has this combination (RF/8300HD).  It will take two button presses to get back to the TV programming from some menus (if you're two levels deep). The exit key may take you all the way out from two levels deep. This was discussed very recently on Digital Home.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/37-rogers-cable-tv/61107-rogers-remote-control-discussions-see-link-...

You may also hit the Guide or List buttons to "exit" if you're in those menus.

Edit - the first paragraph may be incorrect for the SA8300HD.  Although my friend recently purchased an SA8300HD, he was using the RF remote with the 9865 (NB3).  Sorry for the incorrect info.  I guess if you wish to use the RF with the 8300HD, you may need to use Guide/List to exit those areas as you mentioned.

You could always consider a programmable remote like the Harmony, which would function perfectly with the SA8300HD.  You can often purchase them on sale for around $50 and they are backlit.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My Nextbox 3 recieved software update 6.2.0.0139 today.

Now the RF functionality does not work.

Using the Setup + Up causes the Cable light to flash 5 times but nothing more.

Have tried "unpairing" and re-pairing without success.

Help?!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MichaelM1:

Did you try a reboot after the firmware update?  Then "re-pair" (after waiting perhaps 30 minutes for the firmware to "settle")?

I performed a reboot on one of my 9865s yesterday as a test and found that the 9865 didn't respond to my regular IR remote for several minutes after the reboot appeared to be finished.  I simply waited a while and all was then fine.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Reboot is unsuccessful. Remote continues to work as IR, but not RF.

The pairing function does not operate as described any more. I had previously paired and had been using the remote in RF mode for several months until this update.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I cant get my remote to pair at all... when I do up + setup it blinks for about 30 sec, then a long blink. Ive tried setup + down to clear it and still nodda. Reset box, unplgged nearby wifi devices, etc.

Any tips on getting this to work with a NB3?

Highlighted

Hi @syntxerr,

Welcome to the Community!

I apologize for the delay in response, what brand of TV do you have? Once we know the brand, we can provide you with specific steps to pair the remote with the box.

@MichaelM1, are you still experiencing the same issue? Please keep us posted.

RogersZia