New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

@j-dub wrote:

Found how to turn the Volume Lock off. I have the DVD button programmed as a second TV button. This worked for me:

1. With the volume locked to TV, press TV.

2. Press and hold Setup until TV flashes.

3. Press Volume -.

4. Press the second device you want to control. In my case, DVD

5. Press DVD, test volume.

6. Press TV, test volume.

Both TV and DVD now control the volume on their respective TVs.

Hero.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@kjcurley wrote:

@j-dub wrote:

Found how to turn the Volume Lock off. I have the DVD button programmed as a second TV button. This worked for me:

1. With the volume locked to TV, press TV.

2. Press and hold Setup until TV flashes.

3. Press Volume -.

4. Press the second device you want to control. In my case, DVD

5. Press DVD, test volume.

6. Press TV, test volume.

Both TV and DVD now control the volume on their respective TVs.

Hero.

Confirmed working - I can control my stereo volume (in Audio mode) and TV volume (in TV mode).

I Plan to Stick Around

If you change your NEXT Box and keep your old RF paired remote, you will need to unpair it so it will work with the new Box (hold setup and down arrow keys together to unpair) DAMHIK !!!!!!
I've Been Here Awhile

When i press and hold the setup and up button above the ok i get one blink on cable, i release buttons and cable blinks about 8 times but does not go into RF mode

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nanfred:

I'm not sure if it's true in this case but 8 blinks often means there's an issue with the batteries in the remote.

I've Been Here Awhile

I record everthing I watch so Iuse the remote a lot.  I changed the batteries and the LED's are brighter. Bbut now the remote will not work, both cable and TV lights blink but eiither TV or PVR works with any button.  I have changed the batteries before with no problem.  My old remote works ok, so it must be the remote.

I just tried to unpair and remote worked again. then I paired again and it seams to work, maybe it got confused.

Now if they had a remote that would work with 2 NextBox 3 PVR units.

O well at least this worked

Thanks

I'm Here A Lot

That is awesome, thank you!

Any chance you found a way to do this with the input button too? I'd like to use the input on my TV or AUDIO modes without reprogramming it each time.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have some questions on this new remote for @CommunityHelps or anyone else that knows.

1.  Is this what is now being included with all new STBs?

2.  Is it a free swap for your old remote or do you have to buy it?

3.  I have read where a customer had kept their old remote when getting this new one because the new one does not have all the features of the old one. Can you pick up the new RF remote and still keep your old one? (I don't really expect Rogers recycles used remotes like they do rental STBs for hygenic reasons.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hello, @OLDYELLR

Thank you for posting your queries in the Community; below are the answers, thank you.

1.  Is this what is now being included with all new STBs?

- Yes, all of our new Nextbox customers will get the new RF remote.

2.  Is it a free swap for your old remote or do you have to buy it?

- Yes, it's a free swap.

3.  I have read where a customer had kept their old remote when getting this new one because the new one does not have all the features of the old one. Can you pick up the new RF remote and still keep your old one? (I don't really expect Rogers recycles used remotes like they do rental STBs for hygenic reasons.)

- You may want to take your old remote to the store for the swap, the process is to swap the old remote with the new RF remote. However, I believe the Rogers Plus Store will be able to accommodate your request to retain your old remote.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you @RogersMoin, that's about what someone who did this told me on another forum. He said that Rogers just scraps the old remotes (I guess for the hygienic reasons I suspected) so they will accommodate you if you want to keep your old one, but you should bring the old one to the store anyway, not just walk in and ask for a new one.

So that brings up a couple of other questions.

1.  You say the RF remote comes with all new Nextboxes. Does that mean that other STBs still get the old remote and you can't get a new RF remote unless you have a Nextbox? (I understand only Nextboxes have RF compatibility.)

2.  If a customer upgrades to a Nextbox, can they ask for one of the old remotes because they wish to have all the PiP features?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario