Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rogers RF remote

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Have yet to pick one up myself.. but will possibly try this week.

Its an RF remote, so it doesnt need line of sight.
This will be a great asset to people wanting to set up a home theatre, etc type of setup where the box may not be right infront of the TV itself.

Though.. the TV on/off part of it (or any other paired devices) will still be done via IR and not RF.

***Edited Labels***

335 REPLIES 335

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Hi,

I have managed to get most of the remote working. The only remaining issue is that I cannot access the settings on the PVR (Nextbox 2 or 8642HD). When I push the settings button, it behaves as though I have pushed the guide button. 

I am interested in being able to access the closed captioning that was previously accessed theough the Menu button on my old remote.

Cheers,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@npokorny:  You can access the CC as indicated in the following link. No need for "Settings" and it works under all circumstances.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

To get to Settings, it's also possible to press "Menu" and scroll down to "Settings".

dslkjsdf
I've been here awhile

Anyone know how to do the advanced programming/key remapping on these new URC2125B RF remotes. I am unable to use these same instructions as older remote models. Looks like they have changed things for the new remote, but I am not able to find any info on the internet as well as Rogers reps do not know either. Would really appreciate any help on this...

GKW1
I plan to stick around
It means nothing!! Surprise!! The new & improved remote doesn't work either!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello

What do you mean it doesn't work? Mine works with both my 4K boxes and my NB3 box. Including the old 8300 Sata PVR I have. ( The 8300 works as a normal remote and not as a RF.)

GKW1
I plan to stick around

I have 3 TVs in the house none of them work on RF! They work on IR BUT not RF!! I've called they've walked me through it (I can read) anyway you guessed it still doesn't work! 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @GKW1

Which Rogers box do u have? Nb3? RF mode only works for the 4K box and the NextBox 3. Older boxes won't have this feature. If the feature isn't working on ur NextBox 3.0 then maybe it's either the remote that's not communicating with the box or the box that isn't working properly for the RF mode.

cfine
I'm here a lot

Anyone know how when paired to an LG Smart TV you can activate the "Smart TV" function?  The WebOS interface?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cfine

I don't believe you can unless it's a Harmony remote or any universal controller that can do that. I believe the new remote from Rogers can not do any smart features. I can't get it working on my 4K OLED and on my Sony 850D models. I spoke to LG and Sony and the Rogers remotes are only made to turn on the tv and change the volume and channel.

cfine
I'm here a lot

Too bad 😞 but the RF features are worth it.

Controls my soundbar too - Sonos.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cfine

The remote is worth it. I like it. I use it in my bedroom on the Sony 55x850D. In the living room where I have my Sonos, 4K OLED I use the Harmony Elite remote.

rwallingford
I've been here awhile

I just had a older NB3 fail 8 days before the end of my 3 year rent to own.

I had the box replaced today and it came with the 2125 remote which I haven't had before.

I programed the 2125 "Watch Cable" button to turn on/off my AV, TV and NB3.

That works fine.

But now when I press the "Audio" button it does the same thing as as the "Watch Cable" button.

It seems some how that the 2125 thinks the "Audio" button should be used as a master power....

Any ideas how I can prevent this?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Just curious. I own a couple of Rogers PVRs with the old 5-button remotes. If one of the remotes fails and I go to Rogers for a replacement, will I be limited to one of the new RF remotes?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

j-dub
I've been around

Found how to turn the Volume Lock off. I have the DVD button programmed as a second TV button. This worked for me:

1. With the volume locked to TV, press TV.

2. Press and hold Setup until TV flashes.

3. Press Volume -.

4. Press the second device you want to control. In my case, DVD

5. Press DVD, test volume.

6. Press TV, test volume.

Both TV and DVD now control the volume on their respective TVs.

kjcurley
I plan to stick around

@j-dub wrote:

Found how to turn the Volume Lock off. I have the DVD button programmed as a second TV button. This worked for me:

3. Press Volume -.

Hero.

Kev101
I've been here awhile

@kjcurley wrote:

@j-dub wrote:

3. Press Volume -.

Hero.

Confirmed working - I can control my stereo volume (in Audio mode) and TV volume (in TV mode).

stoneball
I plan to stick around
If you change your NEXT Box and keep your old RF paired remote, you will need to unpair it so it will work with the new Box (hold setup and down arrow keys together to unpair) DAMHIK !!!!!!

nanfred
I've been here awhile

When i press and hold the setup and up button above the ok i get one blink on cable, i release buttons and cable blinks about 8 times but does not go into RF mode

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@nanfred:

I'm not sure if it's true in this case but 8 blinks often means there's an issue with the batteries in the remote.

nanfred
I've been here awhile

I record everthing I watch so Iuse the remote a lot.  I changed the batteries and the LED's are brighter. Bbut now the remote will not work, both cable and TV lights blink but eiither TV or PVR works with any button.  I have changed the batteries before with no problem.  My old remote works ok, so it must be the remote.

I just tried to unpair and remote worked again. then I paired again and it seams to work, maybe it got confused.

Now if they had a remote that would work with 2 NextBox 3 PVR units.

O well at least this worked

Thanks

pqee
I'm here a lot
That is awesome, thank you!

Any chance you found a way to do this with the input button too? I'd like to use the input on my TV or AUDIO modes without reprogramming it each time.