New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Rogers RF remote

I did not ask for a RF remote, it was pretty busy and I think it was the only remote they had available.

I'm Here A Lot

I cannot get the menu or exit button to work with my 8642. Is there a code that I can manually enter or is there another way to improve functionality? 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@npokorny wrote:

My old remote for the Cisco 8642 HD PVR stopped working and was replaced with a new URC2125 remote. However, some of the buttons are not functioning properly. Does anyone know the code specific to this PVR?

I don't think there is a code.  It already works with the Rogers boxes.

If you can be more specific about the buttons that are not functioning properly you might be able to get some help here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For IR, all the rogers boxes use the same codes for all the buttons, etc.. (so you can actually take one from one room to another and it will work on the other box as well, etc).

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

For RF, all the rogers boxes use the same codes for all the buttons, etc.. (so you can actually take one from one room to another and it will work on the other box as well, etc).

Not true.  The RF remotes only work with the Netbox 3's and 4K boxes, and in RF mode only works withe the box that it has been paired with.  So you can not use it on a box in another room.  Since it works through walls it will still control the box that it is paired with.

Here:  https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

It says:

If you have a NextBox 3.0 or NextBox 4K, follow these steps to pair for Radio Frequency (RF). RF allows you to control your NextBox with your remote without line of sight, through a door or a wall.

&

Once the remote is paired in RF to a NextBox 3.0 or NextBox 4K, it will not work on other Digital set-top boxes. If you want the remote to work on multiple NextBoxes, follow these steps to unpair from RF and use in IR mode.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your right.
I used the wrong term on the previous post.

I means IR, not RF
(I have edited accordingly)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I have managed to get most of the remote working. The only remaining issue is that I cannot access the settings on the PVR (Nextbox 2 or 8642HD). When I push the settings button, it behaves as though I have pushed the guide button. 

I am interested in being able to access the closed captioning that was previously accessed theough the Menu button on my old remote.

Cheers,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@npokorny:  You can access the CC as indicated in the following link. No need for "Settings" and it works under all circumstances.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

To get to Settings, it's also possible to press "Menu" and scroll down to "Settings".

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone know how to do the advanced programming/key remapping on these new URC2125B RF remotes. I am unable to use these same instructions as older remote models. Looks like they have changed things for the new remote, but I am not able to find any info on the internet as well as Rogers reps do not know either. Would really appreciate any help on this...

I Plan to Stick Around

It means nothing!! Surprise!! The new & improved remote doesn't work either!