New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Last night I noticed the RF was no-longer working.  Most likely I have to run through the pairing procedure again.  Is this something I'll have to do on a regular basis?

I Plan to Stick Around

No fav button on remote

Just got a Netbox 3.  The remote with it is model URC-2125BC0-BX.  I can't find a Favorites button.  The setup guide with it shows a diagram that does not correspond to the remote.  The diagram says the Fav is directly above the green List button, but mine is labelled Info and definitely does not give me the fav's.  The back of the remote says "for support go to www.urcsupport.com".  That website does not have this model of remote listed, but rather, a similar one corresponding to the diagram.

I can mess with the settings and have all channels hidden except my favs, which lets me use the Guide as a Fav, but then the hidden channels are truly hidden and can't be accessed manually.

What gives?

I Plan to Stick Around

Just a quick followup. I tried re-pairing the remote but could not get it to work like before.  After pressing and holding Setup+Up the cable light flashed twice and that's it (instructions state that it will continue flashing while pairing is completing, then the button under the cable button will flash 2 times to indicate that pairing is completed).  I tried a few times without success.  Then I followed the un-pairing instructions (press and hold Setup+Down), and then tried pairing once again.  I still did not get the confirmation flashes as described in the instructionsm, but RF *is* working now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JEL wrote:

No fav button on remote

Just got a Netbox 3.  The remote with it is model URC-2125BC0-BX.  I can't find a Favorites button.

Repeated presses of the Guide button should bring up your favourites.  It should cycle between all your channels and your favourites.  That's the way I have my 9865 set up.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kjcurley wrote:

Thanks. Unfortunately the unlock code does not seem to work on this remote. Perhaps there is an alternate method available somewhere though I am having trouble figuring out how to contact the manufacturer to ask them. Hopefully this functionality wasn't crippled in this model but looking at some of their advertising copy they seem to be billing the simplified volume lock as a feature. 

A few comments:

1. Very few people wish to control the volume on two different devices. That's probably why the default setup on this remote is "locked".

2. Most people with AVRs use their AVRs 100% of the time.  I do realize that some people sometimes want to listen to their TV speakers, but I have never understood why, if they have better audio via an AVR/Sound system.

3. If you wish to have complete control of your components, you could consider something like a Harmony remote (IR or RF). You could set up activites like "Watch TV" and "Watch Home Theatre" and have it control all your devices properly.  Of course this comes at a price.

I would contact URC, or do more searching on the web.

I Plan to Stick Around

That works - thank you.  Yet another mysterious hidden way of doing things, instead of being user friendly.  What a bizarre way of running a company.

I Plan to Stick Around

I appreciate all of the info you provide to myself and others here, but I'm going to have to disagree with your comments about this remote. The smaller form factor, backlight and IR capabilities are all nice improvements but you cannot deny that key functionality has been removed with this model.

@57 wrote:

A few comments:

1. Very few people wish to control the volume on two different devices. That's probably why the default setup on this remote is "locked".

Maybe a significant portion of people only neeed to control one device in most circumstances, but that doesn't excuse removing the ability of the remote to control volume and input on any other devices at all. The previous remote allowed you to lock volume control to one device in cable but then still control each device independently.

@57 wrote:

2. Most people with AVRs use their AVRs 100% of the time.  I do realize that some people sometimes want to listen to their TV speakers, but I have never understood why, if they have better audio via an AVR/Sound system.

There are a number of obvious reasons: 1) I have no desire to listen to the Octonauts or Paw Patrol in 7.1 surround sound while my son is watching TV. 2) When I'm watching the news before bed I don't need a rumbling subwoofer waking my children from sleep. 3) I feel no need to (pay to) power a 1300W sound system during casual TV watching. I'm sure there are more reasons because I really don't think it's strange to not require a surround system for every instance of TV watching.

@57 wrote:

3. If you wish to have complete control of your components, you could consider something like a Harmony remote (IR or RF). You could set up activites like "Watch TV" and "Watch Home Theatre" and have it control all your devices properly.  Of course this comes at a price.

I would contact URC, or do more searching on the web.

I had complete control (as much as I needed 99% of the time) with the previous remote, so it doesn't make sense to invest in yet another product when I could just go back to the fully functional, previously supplied remote from Rogers. 

Bottom line is volume control, input control and PIP control have all been compromised in this model. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a workaround so I will probably just try and swap it for the 1056 model later this week.

Again, thanks for your suggestions, if you or anyone else figures out how to unlock the volume/input controls I would love to hear it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Had some more issues with the remote.  Really weird.  For example, wanted to go to channel 500 so I pressed 5-0-0 but only the 5 showed up.  No matter how hard I pressed the 0 key it seemed determined not to come through.  So I made sure I pointed the remote right at the box and tried again and it finally worked.  So I thought maybe it had "unpaired" again, so I tried to re-pair it.  But I'm still having periodic issues.  For example, sometimes it take 2-3 presses on a button (e.g. Info/Guide) to see its effects.  Once it works, it works fine.  Almost as if the remote goes to standby mode (requiring multiple presses to "wake it up"), but then when it resumes it works fine. 

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?  Could it be I have a "lemon"?  The remote is only a couple of weeks old, there shouldn't be any issues with the batteries or dirt/dust issues. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MrMontagoose

Reboot your STB. It may be the STB that's having the issues, not the remote.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, probably time for it.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.