New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Has anyone who uses an audio receiver figured out how to change the audio inputs with the new remote?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have an AVR and the new remote, it can control the volume and power the AVR on\off, but cannot change inputs on the AVR. It however can change inputs on my TV just fine, so I guess it depends on the AVR if it can switch inputs.

I called 3 Rogers stores, 2 were sold out, the last one had 2 left in stock, I got lucky to get one today. I'm using it in RF mode with the NB 3.0

I'm Here A Lot

The old remote worked to change the inputs on my AVR, so not sure why the new one won't. But it does turn it on and off and controls the volume.
I've Been Here Awhile

...I am in Ajax.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I picked up 2 yesterday. I love the new layout. The addition of the backlight and the day buttons is great. For the first time the select button works with my Samsung TVs. I can now totally put away the TV remotes and just use the cable box one. Next toy will be the 4K PVR.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mousetamer

I love the new Rogers remote. Been using it with the bedroom tv as my main living room tv I use the harmony elite with that one. I have 3 if the Rogers Rf remotes sitting in the box.
I'm a Regular

Okay, so the Rogers Store only had one remote so only one was swapped. I want to report a bug (is this the right place?). Whenever you use any RF commands on the 9865 the digital display flickers. I think it's because I changed the front panel display to the brightest setting because the clock was too hard to read on the default.

Please fix this in an update if possible Rogers. Everything else seems fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone tried using this new remote with their Netbox 2.0 8600 HD?

I tried it and it works. I was able to power on/off the box, change channels, and use the guide.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@headhoncho you mentioned an e-mail?  I have not received anything (e-mail or snail mail) from Rogers about the new remote.  Has anyone in Ottawa received an e-mail? 

I'm Here A Lot

I'm in Ottawa and I got the email. I received it on May 12.