New Rogers RF remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: New Rogers RF remote

Hello @sm30

No that I know of. It was only announced to work with the NB3 and 4K box.
I've Been Here Awhile

@DannyGee

Use this to help program the RF function on the NextBox 3.0

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/remote/416?setLanguage=en

Cheers.

I've Been Here Awhile

...good luck finding one. I have called every store within the Pickering to Oshawa area and there are NONE. Only 2 stores admitted to getting any and some stores advised they did not know the offer was sent out. Maybe next week is the standard response.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tominator

Do remember they most likely are out of stock due to them just being released. It takes time for all the Rogers stores to get them in. I have i believe 4 of them sitting in my house ( i have 2 4k boxes which come with them and since I exchange it twice I got another 2)
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For those wishing to properly programme their Rogers remotes, the following website is a good one. You can download the manual for the remote, find codes for various devices, etc.

http://www.urcsupport.com/

I Plan to Stick Around

so I was going to take the remote back due to the PIP issue, but I did some experimenting and discovered the remote works for my digital adapter (changing channels, which is all I need it to do for the adapter) so I will use the adapter's original remote for my nextbox 3 and I'll have full PIP functionality again.  I just won't be able to change channels through a wall Smiley Tongue

I'm Here A Lot

I just picked up the remote and got it all programmed with all my devices, but I am unable to change the input for my audio receiver.  With the old remote I just had to push the "AUD" button and one of the numbers to get the audio for my PVR or to change it for my Bluray, but now if I push a number it automatically switches to the Cable button and changes the channel.  Any way around this?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@headhoncho wrote:

so I was going to take the remote back due to the PIP issue, but I did some experimenting and discovered the remote works for my digital adapter (changing channels, which is all I need it to do for the adapter) so I will use the adapter's original remote for my nextbox 3 and I'll have full PIP functionality again.  I just won't be able to change channels through a wall Smiley Tongue

How would you manage PiP with the DTA50 remote? It's just a very basic remote that changes channels and volume?

imgsize.jpg

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the remote they gave me for the digital adapter is the same as the other remotes they gave me for the NB2 & 3

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just curious, is this new RF remote free exchange for anyone with a rental box? What about if you own your box?

In fact, what is Rogers policy on replacing worn-out or defective remotes, whether you rent or own? @CommunityHelps

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario