New Nextbox and old Explorer 8300hd

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

New Nextbox and old Explorer 8300hd

I just hooked up my new Nextbox unit, and wanted to use my old Explorer 8300HD box (which I own) on another TV.  Is that possible?

I hooked it up, it boots up, gives me a picture with audio but 30 seconds later shuts off and reboots again.

Is there an incompatibility issue on having the two differnt boxes running at the same time or did I mess something up when i tries to set it up?

Just curious.

thanks.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New Nextbox and old Explorer 8300hd

There is no issue with using both boxes in the same house.

You weren't specific as to which box is rebooting....I assume you mean the 8300?
I'm a Senior Advisor

Perhaps Rogers thinks you replaced the 8300 with the NB3 and only one box is authorized. Check your account on line to see what it says. Iwaould call Rogers to make sure both boxes are authorized.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

can I use my old  explorer 8300hd

@Jmcwarus wrote:

I just hooked up my new Nextbox unit, and wanted to use my old Explorer 8300HD box (which I own) on another TV.  Is that possible?

I hooked it up, it boots up, gives me a picture with audio but 30 seconds later shuts off and reboots again.

Is there an incompatibility issue on having the two differnt boxes running at the same time or did I mess something up when i tries to set it up?

Just curious.

thanks.

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mali82:

Sure, provided it's operational and you activate it on your account.  Call Rogers and have the serial number of the 8300HD ready to give them.  This assumes you have an active account with Rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

ok thanks. if there is aproblem ,are these boxes worth repairs, if so can I get a repair manual/or repair location.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mali82 wrote:

ok thanks. if there is aproblem ,are these boxes worth repairs, if so can I get a repair manual/or repair location.

Most definitely! In most cases it's the hard drive that's gone bad and they can be replaced. There's a whole thread on the Digital Home Forum on replacing or upgrading the hard drives. The SA8300HD does not use the hated Navigatr interface and is practically trouble-free and intuitive to use. The only drawback compared to the Nextbox 3.0 is it only has 2 tuners, so it can only record one show while watching live TV or 2 shows while watching a recording. However, you can usually find the show you want to record at other times or in other time zones.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario