New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

Or at least a free on demand movie!😉
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Seriously guys?

I've been writing down bugs personally encountered every day and am at 85, not including any enhancements that could easily be added (some restoring lost functionality from 2 Guides ago). I haven't even started going through the threads, as was just posted - but I would not be at all surprised to find that it was combined over 100 bugs to date.

I offered to help Rogers on July 28th, and repeatedly since. They told me they did not want my help. They told me (quote) "we do not need 'heroes' " (they absolutely DO!), they told me their team is working on fixing "all the bugs". I said "which ones?", but of course they couldn't tell me and refused to put me in contact with someone who could.

I'm not going to apologize but I have turned selfish. I am NOT going to do their work for them for free because I'm a concerned customer who wants to do something "for the good of all", like I was at the beginning. And neither you should. Don't create lists of bugs for free. Post them when you find them, sure. give a few examples in a rant, but come on don't do their work for them - if they truly cared they would be asking for our help. In the FOUR WEEKS we've had Navigatr, has anyone seen Rogers even once ASK for our help?

I certainly haven't and I've literally begged them to.

Rogers, if you want access to my searchable database of properly documented bugs, broken down by component and issue type, with steps to reproduce, explanation of why each bug is a problem and suggestions on solutions - contact me for my price. Every day, it goes up.

I Plan to Stick Around

@roxandtreez great work compiling this list!

Mind if I add a couple?

39. The tiles view is currently completely useless. With some refinement it could be a decent way to display current recordings, but including upcoming recordings in the same view is useless. We need the old upcoming recordings list back.

40. Hitting Info while playing back a recording pauses the recording. It used to overlay info.

41. Just roll it back. It's crap.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@theClubHopper wrote:

@Rogers Tech Support chat session wrote:

Rogers T/S: I have just checked with our cable tech and what they say is that if they factory reset the box once they connect it in Toronto it will load up the old guide until the navigatr is pushed to that area.

That's interesting. So connecting (and authorizing) an "updated"  Nexbox PVR in a region that has not yet been contaminated by Navigatr will roll it back to the previous UI.  Question is, if it was then connected back in a region where Navigatr has been deployed, will it automatically be zapped again? Maybe the only way to escape Navigatr is to move to an ares where it can't reach you.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Hate the new Navigatr. Why is rogers trying to look like windows 8? I hate windows 8 too. I like the old Rogers PVR set up before. Every title is organized and easy to manage. The new set up has all same title everywhere and not grouped together. When you want to delete a recording, you have to go to each one and delete it. Takes too long. And also after the update, all my previous recordings was deleted. Thanks alot Rogers.
Why fix that isn't broken. I wonder if they are going to listen to their customers and bring back the previous setting. What am I saying, they never listen to any of us. They do what ever they want and at our expense.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@roxandtreez Wrote the whole long list of problems...

Thanks for that. I read through the entire lot thinking I was going to add a new one but you covered it with issue #38!

Incidentally with regards to this one:

"22. In most recordings of soccer, the teams, score and elapsed time is displayed continuously in a bar on the upper left corner.

Now, with Navigatr, when you FF or Rewind, a scrolling banner with program title, channel number and name is superimposed over the game bar, completely obliterating it, and since there is also no elapsed time value provided on the progress bar at the bottom, makes it impossible to know how much time you have forwarded or rewound."

Someone here provided a workaround to that problem that also plagued me: When fast forwarding hit exit and then resume FF - the banner has gone away. Very intuitive that one, eh?!

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok guys here's a new one. I get home from a week long holiday. All my scheduled recordings miraculously "took" without incident. HOWEVER...... there are also 5 new tiles that read Unknown Recording. Also states Manual Recording. That in itself is odd since we can't do that anymore but I digress. I click on the tile. It reads:
Title Unavailable
Dec 31 1969 7:00pm - Dec 31 1969 7:00 pm

that's right 1969!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway "watch" brings up a blank screen that then freezes. Delete gives me the confirmation prompt but when I press yes it won't delete.

So now I have 5 extra tiles clogging up my screen. Someone please tell me that they also have this and have a solution. Please don't make me call customer service. I beg you.

My Navigatr has officially entered the twilight zone.
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@theClubHopper wrote:

@Rogers Tech Support chat session wrote:

Rogers T/S: I have just checked with our cable tech and what they say is that if they factory reset the box once they connect it in Toronto it will load up the old guide until the navigatr is pushed to that area.

That's interesting. So connecting (and authorizing) an "updated"  Nexbox PVR in a region that has not yet been contaminated by Navigatr will roll it back to the previous UI.  Question is, if it was then connected back in a region where Navigatr has been deployed, will it automatically be zapped again? Maybe the only way to escape Navigatr is to move to an ares where it can't reach you.

However according to the post, it  will only zap your recordings when you from Navigatr to the the old PVR UI software (the one that works fine).   Given Rogers credibility these days, anyone wanna  try it for real  ?  

It would be a small price to pay to get our old Guide back.

I am ready to roll-back when you are Rogers. Call Me anytime.

PS: Going in the other direction, most of us who were contaminated on July 28 have first hand experience that our recordings made that transition intact.  So why does it work OK in one direction and (supposedly, but still to be proven with an actual test) not in the other?

I'm an Advisor

@jinx8910 wrote:
Ok guys here's a new one. I get home from a week long holiday. All my scheduled recordings miraculously "took" without incident. HOWEVER...... there are also 5 new tiles that read Unknown Recording. Also states Manual Recording. That in itself is odd since we can't do that anymore but I digress. I click on the tile. It reads:
Title Unavailable
Dec 31 1969 7:00pm - Dec 31 1969 7:00 pm

that's right 1969!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway "watch" brings up a blank screen that then freezes. Delete gives me the confirmation prompt but when I press yes it won't delete.

So now I have 5 extra tiles clogging up my screen. Someone please tell me that they also have this and have a solution. Please don't make me call customer service. I beg you.

MyNavigatr has officially entered the twilight zone.

In the old days of MS-DOS that date meant the the machines calendar was not yet set up ( all zeros in the date field).

Where are you located?  I wonder if that  happened around  Aug 20/21.

Can a diagnostics page tell you when the last reboot was?

Aug 21 was when Rogers ran an unauthorized experiment (They never asked and I never gave permission) here in Mississauga and maybe elsewhere.  It managed to wipe a few NB3 hard-drives clean.

PS: While typing this post, thought of a new Navigatr benefit/advantage:

Not only can Navigatr let you delete as entire series in only 2 button pushes, (this seems to be a major advantage according Rogers PR), it can occasionally delete all your programs with ZERO keystrokes !

I'm a Senior Contributor

@jinx8910: I don't know if you have ever programmed, so I'll try to keep this in plain language.  For  computers (and Nextbox is a computer) that run UNIX type operating systems, dates are stored as numbers so that it is easy to calculate the difference between two dates.  As a matter of convention, UNIX systems store the date as the number of seconds from a fixed date, which is January 1, 1970.  So if a date field is set to 0 (zero), it is considered to be 0 seconds from January 1, 1970.  Now the other little wrinkle is that the date is considered to be UTC (Coordinated  Universal Time, what we used to call Greenwich Mean Time) and we are 5 hours behind UTC.  So if the date is January 1, 1970 at 12:00 AM in Greenwich, then it is 5 hours earlier here, or December 31, 1969 at 7:00 PM.

None of that really matters to you.  It just means that the program set the date field to 0, because like everything else for the recording, the program failed to set any useful values for the date.

The only place I have seen the "Manual Recording" since Navigatr is in the Android tablet app, and it was for future scheduled recordings that were not yet available in the Guide, because the Guide had not yet been updated for later in the week.  So I wonder if you have access to the tablet app, and maybe it would allow you to delete the scheduled recordings, because it will bypass the Navigatr user interface.  It is just a suggestion.  I have no idea if it will work.