New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

As logical as this stupid new Navigatr interface anyway. 

Obviously not coded by a Vulcan.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

We’d like to thank you for your feedback and patience as we work through some of the changes we’re making to NAVIGATR. We always want to hear from people about what they like and where they think we can do better. For example, some of you let us know that the Guide’s font size needs to be bigger, so we’re working on it and are testing new sizes. We’re also looking at ways to improve the recording guide based on what you’ve told us. And in the meantime, we are doing comprehensive testing to make sure the next NAVIGATR roll out goes smoothly. Once we have more details on timing and next steps we’ll share it here.

Thank you again and we sincerely apologize for any  inconveniences we may have caused. 

RogersStrick

I'm an Advisor

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi everyone,

We’d like to thank you for your feedback and patience as we work through some of the changes we’re making to NAVIGATR. We always want to hear from people about what they like and where they think we can do better. For example, some of you let us know that the Guide’s font size needs to be bigger, so we’re working on it and are testing new sizes. We’re also looking at ways to improve the recording guide based on what you’ve told us. And in the meantime, we are doing comprehensive testing to make sure the next NAVIGATR roll out goes smoothly. Once we have more details on timing and next steps we’ll share it here.

Thank you again and we sincerely apologize for any  inconveniences we may have caused. 

RogersStrick

Worth repeating ! Give that post  alotta likes !  Capitulation !

Looking forward to the roll back ASAP !  NO MORE TILES !  Two LSTS !

I Plan to Stick Around

To RogersStrick

We HAVE been patient. You say changes are coming. How about an educated guess when? It's been almost a month with daily complaints. The new TV season will be starting soon and as pathetic as this sounds this has completely ruined my tv viewing experience. If it's not "upgraded" soon Bell awaits.
I'm an Advisor

@krap wrote:

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi everyone,

RogersStrick

Worth repeating ! Give that post  alotta likes !  Capitulation !

Looking forward to the roll back ASAP !  NO MORE TILES !  Two LSTS !

Now the challenge is how Rogers is goona make us all a nice glass of Lemonade while we wait for the lemon to ripen !

Frankly I prefer the old orange we had before July 28.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi everyone,

We’d like to thank you for your feedback and patience as we work through some of the changes we’re making to NAVIGATR.  ....

RogersStrick

Though this statement is much appreciated, I don't see why it should be down to a forum manager to be making this sort of apology.  Anything less than a real Mea Culpa from Rogers executives, like maybe an open letter of apology to Rogers Cable customers from Ron Perrotta published as a full page ad in the Saturday Star, just doesn't cut it.

That, along with Rogers pro-actively offering reasonable compensation for this to all affected customers, not just the squeeky wheels.  Someone suggested free cable service until such time as they receive an upgraded Navigatr addressing the many issues raised here.  That sounds fair enough, and might light a fire under those working on the fixes to put in a bit of overtime. 

Also there's no need to roll ALL the fixes up in one big update, surely you can address the font size/contrast issues REALLY QUICKLY and push that out in the interim, so all those without 20/10 vision can read their screens once again.  Those with poor eyesight have a disability (though in this case even those with normal eyesight are having trouble too).  Not addressing that is equivalent to renovating a store that remains open and removing the wheelchair ramp from service for months until the whole renovation is finished, even though the ramp itself could be repaired in a couple of days.

I'm an Advisor

CRTC CASE ID: 716298

Shortly after Navigatr was launched, I contacted the CTRC by email seeking their assistance and referenced this thread.

On August 5 the CRTC forwarded that email to Rogers along with the following commentary.

Thank you for contacting us to express your concerns about your cable service with Rogers.

In light of your concerns and as a courtesy, I am sending a copy of your message to Rogers Cable Communications Inc., and asking the licensee to respond directly to you within 20 calendar days and to provide a copy of their reply to us for review. Should the review by CRTC staff conclude that further regulatory action is required, we will notify you.....

Rogers response received a few minutes ago ( names edited out).

Re: CRTC File 716298

Dear Mr. ................

Thank you for your email, which we received via the CRTC.  We always welcome
customer feedback as it helps us improve your experience with Rogers. You wrote about
Rogers’ recent software upgrade and PVR enhancements to our NextBox cable box
program guide.  In your email you expressed concerns regarding the upgraded guide
(called NAVIGATR) which had been rolled out to some of our customers.

On July 28, Rogers deployed the NAVIGATR upgrade for NextBox cable boxes to
certain regions in Ontario.  Following this, some customers with NextBox 3.0 and
NextBox 2.0 experienced issues with their PVR and/or guide.  

As soon as customers called with concerns, we paused our roll-out in order to
investigate. We determined these issues were not related to the design of the software,
but rather to a technical human error at Rogers that occurred during the deployment of
NAVIGATR.  

We appreciate your concerns about this and have taken steps to ensure the technical
human error is not repeated as the new guide is rolled-out to our remaining customers in
Ontario.  Also, we do understand that some customers who were affected may have lost
recordings on their PVRs. While some of the shows may be available on Rogers on
Demand, we can’t bring back all the recordings so we have offered affected customers a
credit on their television service.  This credit has been applied to your account. (Edit: after I asked for it) 

On behalf of Rogers, thank you again for sharing your views and also for your loyalty to
Rogers.   We always want to hear from our customers about what they like and where
they think we can do better.  

Sincerely,

J.......  L...

Advisor - Office of the President

cc: CRTC Client Services

I'm an Advisor

My HD did not get wiped on July 28 when many NB2s got zapped.

Mine was later on Aug 20/21.  And it is not an NB2, but an NB3.

When I called a machine swap-out was authorized immediately.

Was this a Rogers human error twice?

If it was simple human error why did Rogers insist on swapping-out my purchased NB3?

And why till recently did Rogers give NB2 owners a hard time about swapping their machines? 

Looking for some answers, Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

@OldElectro

Thanks for your reply - that was to be my final step. But I got it fixed today Smiley Happy

I got an email from Rogers asking me to contact tech support as they "need more information to resolve my issue'. I got a fresh cup of coffee and prepared for the ordeal. I got a very helpful guy who contected "Level 2" support. They came back saying they would send a "Factory Reset" to my box within the hour. IT WORKED!

So although I was told that this had already been done previously, clearly it hadn't. So now at least I can get to the Settings screen and use VOD. Now I will be able to see what the rest of you are complaining about!

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the answer RogersStrick!