New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

krap,

Possibily not.  It could be that changes made to the software during the update made changes to files etc. and there is no procedure to roll it back.  That said it SHOULD still be possible, with a complete factory reset, to go back.

Possibly swap your box at a Rogers store for one without Navigatr on it (should be any Rogers store in Toronto for example) and before you connect it to cable at home call in and demand the update not be rolled out to your new box.

Yes there are ways... I prefer a truck roll though. Let them bring out a different PVR, then.

But, it will take the tech quite a while to swap or mirror my HD,  so as not to lose any recordings !

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersDarrell wrote:

Hello @neilpalmer400

I can confirm that is not the case. Once we are ready to begin the Navigatr rollout to the remaining cities, Navigatr will be uploaded to all eligible equipment unabated.

RogersDarrell

I am really am saddened to hear this. There was once a time when Rogers would actually listen to customers feedback and provide some accomodations in alleviating the issues. One such example was the Rogers Quick Start Guide. Customers were incensed over this and Rogers made some accomodations. In all of my time with Rogers, I have never seen such anger with customers as I have seen with Navigatr and it has only been rolled out in one area. I think you owe it to you customers to either cancel Navigatr or, at the very least, provide us with an explanation as to why Navigatr must be "uploaded to all eligible equipment unabated." A little transparency here might go a long way!

I'm an Advisor

Guess whose NB3 machine got zapped ?

All programs wiped out.  PVR at 0% full this afternoon.

Must have wiped the HD sometime earlier today or in the wee hours.

Angry spouse called Rogers, asking what happened and when can we get the old guide back.

The nice CSR authorized a swap out.

We noted that it records OK now.  She said swap it, likely to lose its recordings in future !

We sais OK and asked to note it on our file.

Got the replacement at the nearby Rogers store, fortunately less than a km away.

Rogers employee said he had many people come in to get a replacement machine, today.

Dug a bit deeper, apparently there was an "update" to Navigatr last nite and some machines did not take.

Came home, booted my machine.

Was not authorized to view any channels.

Called and nice CSR authorized it and we were up and running.

I thanked her and mentioned that there were some benefits due ?

She quickly authorized the usual bill credit and on-demand credits.

We commiserated about Navigatr.  She was very good and could recite the FAQ perfectly.  

I Plan to Stick Around

What the . is "unabated"?   Can't find that word in my dictionary!

I Plan to Stick Around

I am starting to think - too many of us complaining = zap!

I've Been Here Awhile

without any reduction in intensity or strength.
"the storm was raging unabated"
I'm an Advisor

@Jack22 wrote:

I am starting to think - too many of us complaining = zap!

Yes, scary much !

Fortunately had not cancelled other services with Rogers yet, as the bill credit on a zero TV bill is still zero.

Gonna miss some movies that we have saved and 15 editions of COAST that TVO will probably re-broadcast in a few months. Plus will have to watch some TV live as we rebuild the weekly collection of shows.

I'm an Advisor

@Jack22 wrote:

What the . is "unabated"?   Can't find that word in my dictionary!

Are you using the Master dictonary ?

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks, started to think I was finally losing my mind.
I Plan to Stick Around

Live TV - OMG!! Commercials. Dreadful re-runs.
Reminds me of the days when we had to actually get up and turn on the TV.