New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@Sailorman,

Yes, Shomi problems this evening. Aside from intermittent glitches though, this is the first time I've had big problems with Shomi since the rollout of Navigatr. Called into technical support and an automated message said there are problems with On Demand services in Ontario this evening,
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@shan-man wrote:
@Sailorman,

Yes, Shomi problems this evening. Aside from intermittent glitches though, this is the first time I've had big problems with Shomi since the rollout of Navigatr. Called into technical support and an automated message said there are problems with On Demand services in Ontario this evening,

Now you don't supose this (link below) has anything to do with the Shomi issues today do you?

Couldn't possibly be that Rogers didn't put enough horsepower behind their servers for this "public" rollout?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/streaming-service-shomi-available-to-all-canadians-thursday-1.319736...

I Plan to Stick Around

@Jack22 wrote:

Please , please roll out the new updates to Toronto!!!

No one will listen to us in outer slobovia.  Perhaps when hundreds of thousands of city dwellers start complaining some of the deaf ears at Rogers will perk up.  Where on earth do these executives live that they are so oblivious to the problems?

For now, we are on our own.

Giving this a Like is just not enough. I need to quote and repeat it. There are just not enough of us to set Rogers on fire, but should some exec's kid be upset with the new guide, things would move much faster - although the stuff going on Facebook made my morning... thanks for the link. Smiley Happy

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@park wrote - "

Check out the fun and games at Rogers Facebook page.

There is now a link on the FB page back to this forum thread to bring yet more people in.

Personally, I'd like to see a REAL letter campaign instead of just email complaints. You know, paper, envelope and stamp - remember those? Direct it to every senior member of Rogers management. They can pretend they aren't reading about the complaints here (and maybe they AREN'T!) but a mountain of mail arriving every day might start [something] rolling downhill !

I Plan to Stick Around

This is my favourite response:

we're sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the new cable interface! We are listening to the feedback received & hope you enjoy the updates being made to enhance the enjoyment of the software. - André

Sounds like it was written by the same guy who writes Stephen Harper's talking points.

Mike

I'm an Advisor

@lensman wrote:

@park wrote - "

Check out the fun and games at Rogers Facebook page.

There is now a link on the FB page back to this forum thread to bring yet more people in.

Personally, I'd like to see a REAL letter campaign instead of just email complaints. You know, paper, envelope and stamp - remember those? Direct it to every senior member of Rogers management. They can pretend they aren't reading about the complaints here (and maybe they AREN'T!) but a mountain of mail arriving every day might start [something] rolling downhill !

Great cross-link.  

I am sure Rogers has got our message, but still seems unwilling to change course or even expalin why its on

this self-destructive path.

Using 18th century technology (info written on dead trees, and using non-renewable resources  )

to deliver the same message from the same people to the same people  probably won't get a different result.

We need to think and act out of the box (or tile Smiley Wink).

Larger guns and bigger sticks are needed.

More Ellen Rosemans,

Goldhawks,

CBC Marketplace,

Rogers own ombudsman @KimWalker

Government of all types and sizes including elected officials.

The CRTC  https://services.crtc.gc.ca/pub/rapidsccm/Default-Defaut.aspx

Ready, aim, fire with your choice of weapon: letters, emails, social-media and/or phone calls !

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How about the Royal Canadian Air Farce Chicken Cannon?  Will that do?

I'm an Advisor

@Datalink wrote:

Sure if its pointed at 333 Bloor St E 10 Fl Toronto. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

@Attila_ wrote:

@Jack22 wrote:

Please , please roll out the new updates to Toronto!!!

No one will listen to us in outer slobovia.  Perhaps when hundreds of thousands of city dwellers start complaining some of the deaf ears at Rogers will perk up.  Where on earth do these executives live that they are so oblivious to the problems?

For now, we are on our own.

Giving this a Like is just not enough. I need to quote and repeat it. There are just not enough of us to set Rogers on fire, but should some exec's kid be upset with the new guide, things would move much faster - although the stuff going on Facebook made my morning... thanks for the link. Smiley Happy

Although I can see your point, I'd have to be a masochist to agree.     Smiley Wink

@Datalink wrote:

Unfortunately now the series is over we'd have to wait for the New Year's Eve special.