New Nextbox Navigator

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: New Nextbox Navigator

@BS I'm in complete agreement with the white background dialogs -- awful stuff. Text doesn't necessarily fit, overlay not centred on screen, font is "ugh", contrast too jarring over a dark background.

As for Closed Captioning - I tried for 5 minutes the other day to change the CC text colour, background transparency, background colour, font size, etc. but could not get any of the Settings menu CC customizations to take. Besides the default values, has anyone found a combination of CC settings that results in it displaying what you've set?

@theClubHopper wrote - As for Closed Captioning - I tried for 5 minutes the other day to change the CC text colour, background transparency, background colour, font size, etc. but could not get any of the Settings menu CC customizations to take. Besides the default values, has anyone found a combination of CC settings that results in it displaying what you've set?

Actually, I did. I played with the settings. Got them to change to transparent background, but if I recall, the CC then spread across the entire screen. Didn't like it and went back to default settings.  Never did shut off the box to see if the settings "took" though....

I'm a Senior Advisor

Had tried some of the CC settings, and got them to work in session, but always went back to the default one before I left settings. So I don't know if it saves or not.  If it doesn't, guess it may be another issue with settings that are not saving.  Given the number of people who do need CC, it should probably be checked and debugged.  But I am actually done with Navigatr for a while.  I am just too tired. I know I have said that a few times, and I will still keep reading and if I can contribute to a question, I will pop in. But you will see a bit less of me, especially now that I am not sitting at home doing nothing while a contractor was in redoing our bathroom.  I had lots of time over the last week and I am glad for the opportunity.

Glad to have had the opportunity to meet and work together with many of you.  That has been a real good thing, so a pat on my back and all of you for listening to me, conversing with me in private and the opportunity to build a circle of supportive understanding people.Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

Thanks, Bruce

I'm an Advisor

@BS wrote:

Glad to have had the opportunity to meet and work together with many of you.  That has been a real good thing, so a pat on my back and all of you for listening to me, conversing with me in private and the opportunity to build a circle of supportive understanding people.Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

Thanks, Bruce

Bruce:

Thanks to you for starting this thread and for your extensive ongoing contribuutions.

Rogers:

You created a very big problem, and its not going away. 

Parts of this very long thread have had nearly 2500 views as of today, Aug 18.

The fix is easy, please do it now !      

I'm Here A Lot

My 8642 still has a blank Settings screen, even after trying the supposed Factory Reset: hold down the Power-Select-Guide buttons and then release the Guide button only and then after a couple of seconds release the other buttons as well. Looked promising, display started counting in hex, then displayed boot, then dnload. Result was no change, no recordings wiped. So the hard disk was not touched.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@park

Bruce:

Thanks to you for starting this thread and for your extensive ongoing contribuutions.

Rogers:

You created a very big problem, and its not going away. 

Parts of this very long thread have had nearly 2500 views as of today, Aug 18.

The fix is easy, please do it now !      

Agreed, the fix should be easy. However, Rogers stated categorically today on Facebook that there is no reverting to an older format from the Navigatr guide. It appears that they are . bent on this and nothing will sway them - not even a 45-page thread here with 2500 views or numerous complaints elsewhere on various other Internet forums or through the social media. It also probably explains why Rogers is so silent on the issue. It is all so very discouraging that Rogers refuses to listen. Personally, I cannot think of a better opportunity for Rogers to create a huge amount of goodwill by admitting that they were wrong, cancelling Navigatr, and rolling back the customers that have so far received this atrocity! Unfortunatley, it does not seem like it will happen!

I Plan to Stick Around

The font size if ridiculous.  I believe this guide change is due to wanting to share on the smartphone market.  Rogers has really given their customers no choice in this.  We have 2 nexbox on whole home.  The changes are numerous.  My husband has real difficulty reading the screen.  Did anyone at rogers give this any thought at all.  You cannot revert back to the old guide.  Personally I hate this new guide and half the time things do not work properly.  I can't count the times I have set my guide to subscribed stations to have it jump right back to ALL.  We use to be able to delete recorded progams on the pvr recording from the other pvr where we watched the show.  No more now we have to run downstairs to delete the show.  Use to be our recording and scheduled shows were shown on separate lists.  Not anymore.  You use to be able to see which of our pvr's held the recording NO More gone.  Shows could be organized in several ways.  The date they were recorded, alphabet order, the netbox they were on.  Everyone that I talk to hates the new guide.  We are not alone in this and yet the option to use the old guide wasn't even put forth.  Just another way to trash loyal customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh please we don't need instructions.   I am fully aware of how to operate the new guide.  But it is cumbersome and has lost features.  If you are going to do one thing ENLARGE the font.  Everyone I talk to hates it and they are pretty smart people who are capable and don't need any directions to operate this user unfriendly program.   Why do you have to have a large box for instance instead of a list as in the old guide.  I am not going to bother to list the many inane changes that Rogers has made.   You broke something that simply put in language you can understand did not need fixing.

I'm an Advisor

@teabag43 wrote:

Oh please we don't need instructions.   I am fully aware of how to operate the new guide.  But it is cumbersome and has lost features.  If you are going to do one thing ENLARGE the font.  Everyone I talk to hates it and they are pretty smart people who are capable and don't need any directions to operate this user unfriendly program.   Why do you have to have a large box for instance instead of a list as in the old guide.  I am not going to bother to list the many inane changes that Rogers has made.   You broke something that simply put in language you can understand did not need fixing.

Right-on.  Please keep up the good work.  

@theClubHopper wrote:

As for Closed Captioning - I tried for 5 minutes the other day to change the CC text colour, background transparency, background colour, font size, etc. but could not get any of the Settings menu CC customizations to take. Besides the default values, has anyone found a combination of CC settings that results in it displaying what you've set?

Answering my own question, I finally figured it out: CC customizations will only display if Settings->Closed Captions->Style is set to 'Set by Viewer'. (the default is 'Set by Program').

And the reason I missed this? Even though its the 1 critical setting that must be changed in order for any of the customizations to take, in the Settings->Closed Captions submenu, 'Style' is the LAST option (12th of 12, with only the first 9 options visible without scrolling). tip: scroll UP once.

Don't forget, to get CC visible during playback of Recordings, you must first toggle CC on during live TV (via [INFO][DOWN][DOWN][OK][UP][UP][OK]), and same again to turn it off afterwards.